Why is it...

salonfleur, Jan 10, 7:29am
that the identical recipe will taste like crap, the next time you make it?

245sam, Jan 10, 8:00am
salonfleur, is there a particular recipe that you have a problem with?Depending on what "the identical recipe" is for, it could be that weather conditions (hot/warm/cold and/or humidity) have a significant effect on the end result or the ingredients used to make the ????e.g. bread making can be significantly affected by weather conditions that affect the flour as well as the yeast and its performance.:-))

elliehen, Jan 10, 8:03am
The first time you make it you are really careful to weigh and measure and count...and the second time you toss things together??

That's happened to me ;)

raewyn64, Jan 10, 6:31pm
I have that problem when I make anzac biscuits. Same recipe each time but sometimes they are great and sometimes little rocks lol :)

valentino, Jan 10, 8:22pm
Had to giggle a little here to myself, a few times one would try a new recipe and to me personally would be missing something or did not quite come out how one sees it so hand it on to others to try and noted that a slight "Balls up" (please excused this term) then redo the recipe and comes out (to me anyway) more like the actual recipe only to note that from others whom had tried the first lot stating that they preferred the first one hence quite often now - I get requests for my "Balls Up" ones....LOL, has this happened to anyone else.

Cheers.

elliehen, Jan 10, 10:45pm
Had a laugh at your post,valentino, because my children always used to request chewy biscuits and try as I did, they were always crisp ;)

valentino, Jan 10, 11:06pm
Yeah, but the best way around this is too slightly undercook them by a couple of minutes, very little time in it.

My son for example would (especially with the Subway- like cookies) would give his lot a wee zap in the microwave just to get that soft slightly chewy taste with a slight warmth. Sometimes he may put a wee dollop of cream or a nice fruity jam on top as well, that is simply him.

Cheers.

macandrosie, Jan 28, 1:00am
what sort of oven do you have? I have used a fan bake oven for years & theyr'e great but I would have to say I can 2-3 trays at a time. 3/4s of the way thru cooking I change the order of the trays around, like bottom to middle, middle to top & top to bottom, alos anzacs are cooked in a moderateoven anyway here's a recipe I have used for years & lawyas reliable
Anzac Biscuits

2 cups flour
2 cups rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
250 gr butter
2 cups coconut
2 tabs golden syrup
2 cups sugar
4 tabs hot water
1 tsp baking soda
Blend together dry ingredients except b.s.Dissolve soda in water
& add to dry ingreds.Melt butter & syrup then add.Bake at