Ring donut machines.....

korbo, Jan 9, 6:48pm
who has one, are they anygood. saw one yesterday, a mini one, as the holes were rather small.
Are they easy to use.???
thanks

talent.scout, Jan 9, 6:50pm
very easy.... but as they are not deep fried, like the mini-donuts you buy.... they dont taste the same.....

Kids love making and icing them..... but I prefer the sugar/cinnamon ones you can buy, that are fried....

korbo, Jan 11, 8:53am
managed to get one of these, well 2 actually, one for daughter.
it is a goldair one, six donuts, not as big as the the sunbeam sprinkles, but for the little ones, it will be fine. $25. at harv norm.

nik12, Jan 12, 6:50am
My kids got one for christmas, I was really surprised how nice the doughnuts were. We made the banana one's :-)The mix said it would make about 12, but I must have added too much banana and it made 24. That actually took a wee while by the time 4 lots of 6 cook for 6-7 mins lol.

korbo, Jan 12, 8:39am
the recipe seems pretty easy.

leebee35, Jan 12, 8:55am
Yeah I saw them at Kmart for about $19.Bit of fun for the kids....

korbo, Jan 14, 6:38pm
gee leebee that was cheap. never looked at kmart.
well made some yesterday. I am a little dissappointed in them
The just DID not brown onthe top.
Rang the distributor and the shop, and they both said, yes we found that the top doesnt brown.
Gave me no ideas or reason. The shop had goldair and sunbeam and the girl said both of them didnt really brown.
Have to say tho, the flavour is nice.
BUT can someone give me some hints on putting the icing on, I did get 30 from the one batch of mixture.

shaun16, Jan 14, 6:45pm
i brought one. very dissapointed with it, they dont cook evenly as said above. nothing like a real donut either as theyre not cooked in fat/oil. i guess they're healthier though

nik12, Feb 3, 4:46pm
Perhaps I wasn't disappointed because I knew they wouldn't come out like a fried one?
Mine weren't particulary brown on either side, but firm, and tasted yummy.