Boil up can you use

tarshlove, Jan 6, 10:36pm
Gravy beef if its slow cooked?

beaker59, Jan 6, 10:40pm
Of course you can thats the point of boil up you can use anything you want have and like in boil up.

Day two is best.

buzzy110, Jan 6, 11:30pm
Second what beaker says. My favourite meat is mutton for boil ups but gravy beef is excellent.

uli, Jan 7, 12:17am
Great stuff! :)

beaker59, Jan 7, 12:54am
Interesting thing is I was invited to a Cambodian home for lunch recently and was served a traditional dish which was basically boil up sure it had noodles ginger lemongrass and a few other bits and pieces but it was boil up we all enjoyed it soo much.

Boil up came to NZ with the early visitors Cook gave metal pots to local maori so did Whalers and sealers anything currently available went into the pot Weka's, pork, Tui's, fish, shellfish, goat, sheep, seal etc etc with whatever Veg turned up like potatoes Kumara, Puha watercress etc etc it was eaten and next day leftovers either eaten or used to begin the next boil up. Flour was mixed with water to a dough and thrown in the pot too hence Doughboys.

delate, Jan 11, 11:07am
Can't say I've tried boil up with meat other than Pork.My boil up consists of meaty port bones, I include a few pork chops for the fat.Kumara, KK, Spinach...my doughboys are steamed above the boiling water making them fluffy i/o water logged.Love it and such an easy way to feed the extended family. Goodluck!