Cleaning stainless steel appliances.

Page 1 / 2
mydebe, Dec 27, 11:04pm
Hi everyone. We have just finished installing a new kitchen and everything looks lovely and new and shiny apart from our stainless steel toaster and kettle, they look shocking! Does anyone out there have a secret recipe for cleaning dull stainless steel appliances? I'm sure there is some magic poition involving white vineager or the likes. Please help! TIA.Claire :)

jills3, Dec 27, 11:09pm
baby wipes are supposed to work well.

mydebe, Dec 27, 11:17pm
Thank you jills3, I'm off to the supermarket (in the pouring rain!!) to buy some 3M stainless steel cleaner so baby wipes will go on the list too.

cap, Dec 27, 11:20pm
x1
I find Chemico paste a must have product in the house as it can be used on so many surfaces.I use it on my sink and it comes up great and also the sole of my iron (not non-stick obviously).Also it is cheap!

ibcreative, Dec 27, 11:32pm
x1
Me too. It is also great for cleaning ceramic stoves tops. It does as good a job as the much more expensive ceramic cleaner. It doesn't scratch either but leaves it looking clean and shiny.

mydebe, Dec 28, 12:25am
No 3M cleaner to be found at the supermarket and the weather means I won't be tripping around Timaru searching for any. White vinegar and baby wipe combination seems to be doing the job. Thank you for your suggestions.:)

jpmarketing, Dec 28, 12:30am
i have found by accident that mens shaving cream is brilliant.
the one i use is imperial leathershave lather.. brilliant on all chrome as well. just squeeze a bit on a cloth and dampen ityou only need a little bit about the size of a baby pea.. Hope this is of help.

jubellsrose, Dec 28, 12:39am
x1
I use Handy Andy for EVERYTHING.

0800xford, Dec 28, 12:44am
ha ha! i don't use the hot tap for shaving either, always boil the jug and pour it into the bathroom sink.

myth = busted

nfh1, Dec 28, 12:49am
Me too - it lasts ages and is really cheap.

jody23, Dec 28, 1:12am
i read that just plain white vinager in a spray bottle, wiped off with a soft cloth works..

lyl_guy, Dec 28, 2:05am
x1
Baby oil brings up your SS appliances like new! Have seen it being used in Hotel kitchens... really works!

mamaa, Dec 28, 6:57am
x1
Polaris.It has been around for many years.A powder,just amazing on stainless steel.Often used in motels....Will see your face in the shower base afterwards... Even rejuveniates real old stainless steel.... Alsomeths is great in the kitchen too....

lx4000, Dec 28, 8:51am
meths !

Works great and looking new:)

(barloo)

juliewn, Dec 29, 9:30am
x1
I agree with you.. at a motel a few years ago, the stainless steel shower base was very shiny, I found one of the cleaning ladies and asked her what they use.. Polaris Stainless Steel Reviver.. she said they were often asked about what they use.

Highly recommended for anything stainless steel..

cottagerose, Dec 29, 8:46pm
x1
I bought chemico yesterday and used on my ceramic top,jug and stainless steel bench top and you are so right, they came up lovely

mydebe, Dec 27, 11:04pm
Hi everyone. We have just finished installing a new kitchen and everything looks lovely and new and shiny apart from our stainless steel toaster and kettle, they look shocking! Does anyone out there have a secret recipe for cleaning dull stainless steel appliances! I'm sure there is some magic poition involving white vineager or the likes. Please help! TIA.Claire :)

mydebe, Dec 27, 11:17pm
Thank you jills3, I'm off to the supermarket (in the pouring rain!) to buy some 3M stainless steel cleaner so baby wipes will go on the list too.

ibcreative, Dec 27, 11:32pm
Me too. It is also great for cleaning ceramic stoves tops. It does as good a job as the much more expensive ceramic cleaner. It doesn't scratch either but leaves it looking clean and shiny.

mydebe, Dec 28, 12:25am
No 3M cleaner to be found at the supermarket and the weather means I won't be tripping around Timaru searching for any. White vinegar and baby wipe combination seems to be doing the job. Thank you for your suggestions.:)

jody23, Dec 28, 1:12am
i read that just plain white vinager in a spray bottle, wiped off with a soft cloth works.

lyl_guy, Dec 28, 2:05am
Baby oil brings up your SS appliances like new! Have seen it being used in Hotel kitchens. really works!

mamaa, Dec 28, 6:57am
Polaris.It has been around for many years.A powder,just amazing on stainless steel.Often used in motels.Will see your face in the shower base afterwards. Even rejuveniates real old stainless steel. Alsomeths is great in the kitchen too.

uli, Dec 29, 8:11am
bump for another year.

lyl_guy, Dec 29, 8:23am
I still highly recommend baby oil.A little bit on a facecloth, wiped across the 'grain' of the SS appliance. try it, you'll be amazed.
I use chemico too, for a lot of cleaning, but not on my SS appliances. the sink is fine though!