Bottling Peacherines

celosia, Feb 28, 1:59am
Can I cut my peacherines into slices, put in warmed sterilized preserving jar and pour boiled (hot) syrup over them, overflow and seal with seals and rings? Or do I have to cook fruit and syrup together and bottle that way? Thanks for any help.

celosia, Feb 28, 4:09am
how do you bottle your fruit?

cookessentials, Feb 28, 5:31am
x1
we eat ours before they get anywhere near the preserving pan LOL they are just so yummmy.

celosia, Feb 28, 6:36am
I might just gently stew them with a little water before putting into jars.

cookessentials, Feb 28, 8:03am
Found this for you which would do for peacharines also.
Bottling does great things for peaches. They become gloriously slippery and glossy, and infuse the syrup with their flavour. Bottled peaches scream out for ice-cream.

Bottling does great things for peaches. They become gloriously slippery and glossy, and infuse the syrup with their flavour. Bottled peaches scream out for ice-cream.

350g/12oz sugar
2kg/4lb 8oz peaches
1 litre/32fl oz water

First sterilise a large jar - wash jar and lid in soapy water, rinse thoroughly, then immerse in boiling water for 10 minutes before drying in a cool oven.

For the syrup, heat the sugar in a pan with the water until dissolved.

Prepare a pan of boiling water and a bowl of iced water. Dip the peaches into the hot water for 30 seconds, then plunge them into the cold to loosen the skins. Peel, halve and stone the fruit.

Pack the peaches tightly into sterilized jars to just below the neck, then completely cover with the hot syrup. You should leave a headspace of 1. 25cm (1/2 in).

Store in a cupboard or larder for up to a year.

celosia, Sep 15, 8:00pm
thanks cookessentials - this looks like I can just wash, stone and cut fruit straight into the jars and cover with syrup rather than cooking fruit in syrup first. Will get onto this tomorrow.