If you were buying a new stove???

martin19, Sep 12, 7:58am
what brand would you buy?and why? TIA

winnie15, Sep 12, 8:04am
x2
DO NOT get a simpson gemini !! i've had nothing but trouble with mine, it's cost me alot over the years. The thermostat for the elements has to be replaced every 7 mths at a cost of $120 everytime.
I've done a bit of searching and It seems its a manufactors fault.. but no-one wants to know about it..

martin19, Sep 12, 8:08am
hey thanks for thatwe have got the simpson juipitorand it hasnt been that great!hope some one will send us in the right direction,just dont want to get ripped off again...

july62, Sep 12, 8:14am
I have had Parmco wall ovens, stand alone ovens, microwave, overhead range hoods and can't speak highly enough of the product.NEVER had a problem in all the years that I have used their product.Even when I had a new kitchen installed I got the Parmco sink and dishwasher.

winnie15, Sep 12, 8:14am
post this in general as well .. you'll get lots of advice from there !

martin19, Sep 12, 8:38am
mmm yeah I had thought of doing that, but then you get all the folks who would think it a dumb questionand they get a bit mean over there!

katalin2, Sep 12, 8:46am
We have bought a Westinghouse 1.5- about to be installed into our new house, on the basis of Consumer recommendations and also friends have purchased it last year and very happy with it. This is just the oven btw. Have also discovered that Simpson, Electrolux and Westinghouse all made by same manufacturer in Oz. Have had a useless Simpson dishwasher so would avoid Simpson.

beaker59, Sep 12, 9:17am
I had a Simpson Gemini in one of my rentals from new and never had an issue with it and my Tenants always seemed to like it. I have a Palmco wall oven that I put in new into my own Kitchen and that is great too and a Westinghouse Gas hob which I think is great though that is my first gas hob so don't have anything to compare too.

I guess it depends on the one you get EH!

bunny51, Sep 12, 9:21am
We have a westinghouse We ahve had it about 2 or 3 years now and had no problems with it

lythande1, Sep 13, 12:42am
I have owned Simpson twice. Brilliant, the current one is quite old now, amazing little thing, so easy to clean too, they thought of everything. And my dishwasher is 7 years old and Simpson. never missed a beat.

martin19, Sep 13, 7:52am
decided to try parmco! and got a really good online deal$500 cheaper than the shops,thanks for the help

duckmoon, Sep 13, 9:43am
I would be putting in a double oven - I know that much

ruby19, Sep 13, 6:36pm
Don`t touch Smeg.... As for oven size I would definitely go larger I have the 60cm smeg and struggle to cook a roast for the family let alone a crowd.My only issue is now if I replace my faulty oven with a larger one I will have to remodel the kitchen....$$$$$

korbo, Sep 14, 4:00am
not many brands make a double oven anymore. I am onto my 3rd double oven, and dread the day when i have to replace it, as i am not f/p make them anymore...guess if i was building a new home, i would put in 2 wall ovens...one normal and a smaller one...not silly, have actually seen it in a show home......love mine. couldnt be without it.

martine5, Sep 15, 1:49am
I"d buy the report from the consumer website and take it from there.

cookessentials, Sep 15, 2:28am
The ultimate for me would be a Lacanche chagny with three ovens.

radars1, Sep 15, 8:34pm
we have a westinghouse freestanding oven with gas hob. great to use. the fan heater blew after 2 and a half years and was out of warranty but electrolux paid the bill with absolutely no hassle. after sales service is good. we have had other westinghouse ovens with no problems at all.

luckyduck, Sep 15, 8:45pm
Westinghouse 1.5 wall oven here, and I love it.

guest, Mar 27, 5:46am
I would never buy a Parmco Oven, as a kitchen manufacturer i have had endless problems with Parmco ovens.
Good Luck, and good luck having them come to the party with repairs or replacement.

guest, Dec 11, 3:25am
I did it with a cat...hahaha

guest, Apr 4, 6:30am
I bought a westinghouse saturn I have had it for just under 2 years and in that time the runners of the warmer drawer have had to be replaced twice as well as the indicator lights melting off twice and just the other night the interior glass of the door shattered. All they are willing to do is replace the glass at this stage and we could possibly be waiting for two weeks as that is what they consider to be a reasonable time. What to do? It seems to us that this oven is faulty and they won't replace it. Not to mention I have a family to feed with no oven and have a minimum of 5 days to wait before it can be acessed due to easter weekend. : (