245sam and other ChCh posters

Page 1 / 6
toadfish, Sep 8, 7:01pm
Ahmen Pam.delilah... It must be dreadful for you but you have your health and family.

pam.delilah, Sep 8, 7:32pm
Thank you for your kind thoughts. Over winter I had no colds or flu, now I have the flu and a couple of cold sores on my bottom lip. Away my body is reacting to the stress and I am caving carbs. So just listening to my body and 'TRYING' to keep things in prospective and know how lucky I am compared to many here in Christchurch.Pam

eastie3, Sep 4, 12:01am
Hope that you are okay down there...what an awful experience for you.I was a kid in Christchurch during the Inangahua earthquake and that was scary!!

All the best.

katalin2, Sep 4, 12:21am
Extremely frightening- 2 chimney's down; kitchen and pantry a mess as lost dinner sets, wine glasses and lots of preserves and chutneys- v messy to clean up- but my work building nearby has lost a whole brick wall including windows... whole house is a tip as books have come out of bookshelves etc... daughter is here helping clean up... typing this while on hold to insurance company. At least no one has died- which is a wonder! thanks for your concern eastie3. phone has been ringing all morning from family and friends all over nz which has been reassuring.

nfh1, Sep 4, 12:24am
Excellent you are ok - that is all that matters, everything else can be fixed or replaced.It certainly makes you think though, we all go about out daily lives not having a clue what is around the corner.

Take care katalin2.

I hope all other in that area are safe.

katalin2, Sep 4, 12:27am
I remember tha Inangahua earthquake as well eastie- my bed went back and forth- this was somehow different, the bed didn't move but the whole house rattled and shook and you could hear the china downstairs breaking on the tiles- and it seemed to go on for ever, not just 40 seconds!

valentino, Sep 4, 12:53am
Yes hopefully Shirley and quite a few others, esp some that had noted in the thread "Circle of Friends" are all ok.

Noted on the NZ cat forum that a number of people were hit badly and that also animals especially breeders are very concerned with their pregnant animals...

So great thoughts of best wishes to everyone and everything.

Cheers.

toadfish, Sep 4, 1:21am
Charlieb & Winnie are fine, will let you knoe if I hear back from Calista and 245Sam

lulu239, Sep 4, 1:23am
We were about to phone our daughter in Chch and she phoned us. Her place is a mess and her cat has taken off. Hope it comes back. My thoughts are with all our recipe friends down there.

snapit, Sep 4, 1:38am
My thoughts with all in the earthquake affected area. It is hard for me to imagine what it is like as I have never experienced even a minor shake.
TV one is bringing it to us in various reports and photos.
We have seen it in other country's but this is our own country and people and places we are acquainted with. Nice to hear from those who have checked in.
My thoughts with you all.

juliewn, Sep 4, 2:02am
Thank goodness you're all ok.. am thinking of everyone in the area.. went through the '87 Edgecumbe quake here.. a scary time.

Hi Cathy.. I'm glad you're safe there..preserves all over the floor makes for a big cleanup - I had open kitchen shelves in the farmhouse we lived in then.. the floor a mess.. took photos for insurance purposes, dug a huge hole and the lot went in - will be a find for an archaeologist one day!

Thoughts to Shirley too - hope all is well for you there..

Take care everyone.. and give your loved ones a big hug today.. they're what matters the most..

juliewn, Sep 4, 2:04am
ps.. those phone calls and messages and emails from family and friends at a time like this.. absolutely priceless..

cookessentials, Sep 4, 2:05am
Our neice is in Queenstown having moved from Kaiapoi, her husbands Mum is in Kaiapoi and has apprently lost everything. Some of the houses in Kaiapoi, according to a customer, have sunk up to 1 metre when the area liquified as alot of Kaiapoi is built on swamps etc.

pam.delilah, Sep 4, 4:06am
I am in Woolston and there is little damage, only toppled chimneys on some houses. We have had no power loss and the water is still flowing in the taps. But very scary when on is on their own.

Watching the news, listening to the radio and reading the threads on TMB, it is hard to believethat we had the same earthquake.

My poor cat doesn't want to come inside and explains why he has been acting strangely the last few days, not eating like he does and acting more wimpy than usual

sumstyle, Sep 4, 4:46am
Not too much damage for me in Spreydon.I can hear the aftershocks coming - sounds like a big lorry driving on a bumpy road.

Went round to check Dad in the rest home.Power was still out but he was ok.Said he couldn't get out of bed to get under a doorway, just had to lie there in the dark.

cookessentials, Sep 4, 5:27am
I think that it being dark when it happened would have made it even more scary.

sumstyle, Sep 4, 6:03am
Definitely more scary cos of the dark and coming out of a deep sleep, trying to get to the door frame with everything heaving so violently.Dad had no chance, he's totally unsteady on his feet on a regular day.

martine5, Sep 4, 6:51am
I had woken up but i don't think i have ever been that scared in my life. My flat is the bottom flat and I wondered if the top one was going to come crashing down as glass was shattering and walls were moving as the floor was rocking.I'm just so pleased my partner was there with me as I screamed to him to get under the doorway. My heart goes out to people who were by themselves when the earthquake struck.

martine5, Sep 4, 7:00am
My fur babies were terrified, one came out from under the bed about 2 hours ago very startled I'm not sure where the other one is hopefully he will show himself shortly I can live with broken stuff but not loosing my furkids!!

cookessentials, Sep 4, 7:03am
Rae(winnie) has mentioned on her fb page that she is ok. Her apartment was swaying a fair bit. She is with her Mum who has a few broken bits ( her house, not her) and rae was venturing back to check her apartment - that was about 3 hours ago.

sumstyle, Sep 4, 7:13am
I did wonder about winnie - good news that she's ok

sumstyle, Sep 4, 7:14am
shoot there's some very big shocks happening, moving my stool to be Under the door frame!

winnie231, Sep 4, 8:34am
Quuick msg - I'm at Mr D's house as no power or water at home.
I'm fine though and counting my blessings!

cottagerose, Sep 4, 8:39am
My thoughts are with you all that went through that terrifying experience

whiskey13, Sep 4, 9:05am
Evening Ladies. Been too scared to log on today incase i have to run for a doorway. AND I WAS AWAKE WHEN THE QUAKE HAPPENED.

Power out only AFTER the second biggie at 4.55am

It felt like God had started up His GIANT sized steam engine and set it down on the main road and let it go

No one injured in the whiskey household but Mac is abit frecked out each time we have an aftershock (their frequent and strong )

Power back on for me (Belfast)at about 11am. Parents (Hoon Hay) about 5pm ish

We will be claiming insurance on a few things

Edited to add that Mac is my foxy dog that i post about in my optifast thread.