Trade me cooks web site - gone where???

tlkin, Aug 12, 5:59am
Just went to log on to my pages at Trade me cooks where i keep a;lot of my recipes in my folder and it has GONE! ! ! Where has it gone and why? ? ? *sob* my reciipes have gone! !

winnie231, Aug 12, 6:03am
x2
It's completely gone ... was well 'advertised' that it would be closed down, but you must have missed that.
Never mind - all is not lost ... go to fishers website - I'll give you the link & at the bottom of his home page is a download of the entire TMCooks website :)

http://www.e-ware.co.nz/recipes.htm

tlkin, Aug 12, 6:08am
x1
Thanks winnie yes def missed all that. Sadly -otherwise i would have copied all my recipes. I can't find a folder that is "Family Favourites" that had all my recipes in. I will try at work tomorrow as i have a mac at home and can't right click anything. Fingers crossed! Now to find a cheese puff recipe quickly! Why did it close down do you know?

winnie231, Aug 12, 6:14am
x1
As I understand it was a combination of health & cost issues.

tlkin, Aug 12, 6:19am
oh that is sad. it was a great site that i used often - although not recently clearly! Thanks

245sam, Aug 12, 7:13am
x2
tlkin, by cheese puff do you mean the scone type? If so maybe you'd like to try this recipe that I can assure you is well tried and tested... . .

Cheese Puffs
2 cups grated cheese (preferably tasty, but otherwise use edam)
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch each ofcayenne pepperandsalt
2 eggs
about ¼ cup milk

Place the cheese into a bowl and, on top of it sift in the flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper. With a fork mix the dry ingredients through the cheese.
Lightly beat the eggs and salt, then add them and the milk to the cheese mixture. Mix together to form a stiff dough-like mixture. Using a teaspoon (for cocktail-size puffs) or a soup spoon and allowing room for spreading place the mixture on a greased oven tray.
Bake at200°Cforabout 10 minutes. :-))

tlkin, Aug 12, 7:43am
Oh Thanks 245sam. That is brilliant. Mine was similar but I think had only one egg. 2 would make it more puffy? Great to have this. NOW where will i put my recipes? ?

sumstyle, Aug 12, 9:59am
Store them in cyberspace - a folder in yahoo mail or something similar?

sumstyle, Aug 12, 10:00am
winnie! Thanks so much - I'm a fan of fisher - very helpful person, and to know he has a website is a lovely surprise.

patlarkins, Aug 13, 12:16pm
FYI (and for everyone else) - I'm in the process of setting up a (not so) super secret website for everyone to store their recipes on.

If all goes to plan, I should have it up and running in the next couple of weeks. I just have to work out the finer details :)

fisher, Aug 13, 1:01pm
No offence. . but for what purpose. . ? you have made no contributions to these recipe boards whatsoever so I for one would therefore be suspicious of your motives. . Fetish and trademe cooks were an integral part of "recipes" and we trusted her to not make any monetary gain from recipes stored on her site. . The whole of trademe cooks has been zipped and available for those who wish to download and browse the recipes at leisure and as trademe has placed a better and longer lasting search facility, folks can simply search by any key word for any recipe they require and if wanted print it out and place in a recipe folder as a hard copy...
We place and store our recipes HERE in the recipe section of trademe. .

tlkin, Aug 14, 4:53am
Fisher. I had my recipes stored in "Family Favourites" my user name was Rosie. I did that so my daughter could access family favourites from her flat. And i could also just open it up and get a recipe knowing it was just there - from any computer. I also cut and pasted many recipes from this site and that site and other foodie sites. It was a great thing. And it worked well for me. i am very sad it has gone as i no longer can get to "my" folder. if someone else wants to do just that - great.

winnie231, Aug 14, 7:50am
tlkin - there's a NZ website where once you become a member, you can create your own recipe folder ... sounds like it might be just what you need.

http://www.freerecipes.co.nz/

bob_doe_nz, Aug 14, 8:48am
tlkin.

If you grab Version 2 of TMC on page 3 of the 'index' file, under Family Faves.

fisher, Aug 14, 8:53am
Pretty good site. . winnie. . might have a browse around myself. .

winnie231, Aug 14, 9:25am
I had the same thought fisher ... stumbled across it a while back and meant to go back to it - then forgot ... it rang a bell when tlkin was asking.

tlkin, Aug 14, 11:50pm
Brilliant! ! Thanks Winnie for that site. i have had a wander around and joined up. Looks good. Bit more high tech with people down loading photos of their finished product but some great recipes. And can be accessed from any computer.

tlkin, Aug 14, 11:52pm
bob_doe. Brilliant as well! ! Thankyou thankyou for that instruction. have got my recipes back! yay! ! ! (and everybody elses too lol)

tlkin, Aug 14, 11:56pm
Fisher - had a wander around your site as well - most excellent! have bookmarked it! I'm sad that TMC has gone but i now have several more sites to look at. One door closes and another opens - as someone famous said. ka pai.

fisher, Aug 15, 5:37am
Sheesh Rosemary... all your recipe xmas's come at once... LoL
Now all you have to do is save your family recipes to winnies site and let your daughter know where to go to access them...
Having my own website allows me to save a "lot" of my recipes on my own domain. . The special ones I keep to myself are all hard copies in a file in my office. . :}

patlarkins, Jan 27, 6:01am
Sorry if I hit a nerve... I'm setting up the website as practise for my web design skills and so I can always find my recipes no matter where I am. If others want to use it, then that's just a bonus for them. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, but I thought others might be interested.

Meh.