Who Is The Humourless Curmudgeon Phoning TM?

buzzy110, Jul 7, 9:59pm
Whoever you are, may I ask why. Surely you can't get any pleasure from having whole threads and individual posts removed on a daily basis.

Must be someone who can write the $1. 99 a minute off as a legitimate business expense.

2halls, Jul 7, 10:17pm
What happened to the 'orthorexia' thread ? I went looking yesterday to catch up, and I can't find it ? ?

buzzy110, Jul 7, 10:20pm
Yep. The mystery phoner called TM and had it removed. Can you imagine some being so upset about a silly bit of humour?

rog.e, Jul 7, 10:36pm
Not me... . but...

No one person can have anything removed from here on just their sayso. Only Trademe decides for themselves what stays and what goes.

So maybe not one if us but TM themselves as they monitor the threafs all over the messageboatd.

I have no idea what it was that has been removed btw.

'Spamming' by over-posting is one of the reasons they remove threads and posts, that I do know. The messageboard has had a lot of members given a holiday lately, a lot because of that, especially in General.

v

buzzy110, Jul 7, 10:43pm
rog. e the posts being removed are specifically aimed at certain posters. And yes, TM will remove posts and threads if they are complained about by telephone.

For instance, my Righteous Eating Disease thread was summarily deleted, whilst its partner over in Health and Beauty, with the same information but comprising a much moretrenchant and nasty tone, and started by another over-poster, has remained in tact. Obviously no one complained about that one. Mmm. Wonder why?

buzzy110, Jul 7, 10:46pm
Also, when the vegetarian crowd descend to name calling (and their name calling is pretty ugly by the way) TM ignores it completely. Therefore, it is patently obvious that there is a curmudgeon in here, who is using good money to ph TM and complain or the deletions would be disinterested and across the board, not biased.

buzzy110, Jul 7, 11:43pm
Am bumping this because it would be nice if someone could solve the problem of the humourless curmudgeon before TM gets the dreaded phone call and deletes this thread.

buzzy110, Jul 7, 11:50pm
You know, I would have thought that if TM takes exception to the name Queen of the Bundt Tins then it would equally take exception to a thread that calls another poster a fruitcake in the title or posts that single out other posters and calls them the toxic two. Similarly, posts that denigrate somebody by calling them an arrogant, anonymous ignoramus would be equally deleted by TM.

But no, apparently they don't mind these insulting posts, but they do dislike satire and anyone who wants to help people find a NZ based low carb recipe site.

buzzy110, Jul 7, 11:52pm
And why, considering TM is apparently reading our every word, a couple of other vegetarians on here can take someones TM name and turn it into something really nasty and then use it over and over to refer to that poster?

seb28, Oct 8, 4:18pm
It's only a messageboard... . . let it go