Where can I buy Nutmeg

free-h-oldies, Jul 5, 5:18am
I have tried my New World and Countdown stores but I cant seem to find whole nutmeg can anyone help?

fuzzies72, Jul 5, 5:21am
Most asian, indian or arab retailers will stock it. 3 in my area alone and they have all the spices I ever need - whole and crushed, and they crush onsite whilst you wait :)

gaspodetwd, Jul 5, 5:26am
It is really cheap at our local asian food supermarket. They also do the best vanilla pods ever! Mind you I am in Chch.

free-h-oldies, Jul 5, 5:45am
I am in Ashburton so I will have a look next time I go to ChCh there are Asian shops in Riccarton

cookessentials, Jul 5, 6:45am
I am surprised that that you did not see them at New World, they usually do have them.

free-h-oldies, Jul 5, 7:03am
going in tomorrow so will have another look thanks for help so far

cookessentials, Jul 5, 7:04am
Is New World the only supermarket where you are?

elliehen, Jul 5, 7:53am
New World usually has all its packet spices in alphabetical order. Look along the line-up for Nutmeg, preferably Whole Nutmeg, and you can grate fresh whenever you need it.

free-h-oldies, Jul 5, 9:25am
thanks elliehen will do that and cookessentials we also have countdown and super value I have looked but only found ground nutmeg I want to be able to grate it myself

dairies, Jul 5, 10:22am
i bought mine at countdown Greggs in a jar it took me a while to find them but they are there

free-h-oldies, Jul 6, 6:37am
thanks dairies I will go and look thanks everyone

mummygirl1, Jul 8, 8:06am
Bin Inn should have it

antoniab, Oct 10, 1:11pm
Yup BinnInn has it :)