Help grouping cuisines

imsir2u, Jun 17, 12:32am
Hi all, I am the designer of the http://WellingtonDining.co.nz website. I have to admit I am not overly conversant with food and eating out which is half the reason I started this site in the first place. I am at the point where I am getting it redesigned to make it better not only in look but also in functionality. To do this I have to group my existing 61 cuisines down to no more than 10 initial groupings but I don’t know enough to do this. If you can help can you please go to http://wellingtondining.co.nz/temp/cuisine_list. xls or http://wellingtondining.co.nz/temp/cuisine_list. pdf (if Excel format is no good for you) and give your opinion on the best grouping up to 10 groups. Any questions or your suggested list, please email me at feedback@wellingtondining.co. n-
z or through the feedback link on the home page.

Thanks and I really appreciate it, there could be a reward in it for you...

- Lester.

imsir2u, Jun 17, 2:27am
Doesn't anybody in this group have any help they can give?

valentino, Jun 17, 2:48am
Firstly, I'm not in Wellington,

Secondly, This is a messageboard "Topic" where we assist one another with recipes and various foods and opinions thereof, not opinions on designing dining websites - perhaps one should try General or computing if ... . . or am I'm missing something.

fisher, Jun 17, 2:56am
Email sent...

imsir2u, Jun 17, 5:31am
Cool, I've had my first response, I hope to get some more to work out the best... please help if you can anyone... Thanks.

imsir2u, Jun 17, 5:36am
Valentino, I have posted in general but I also posted here because I thought people sharing recipes would be people, or get responses from people, with knowledge of food and therefore have the best idea of how best to categorise these. I am asking this for assistance with food not with web design. And, you may not be in wellington but that doesn’t matter because it’s not about location. Besides we are going nationwide with this site once we have Wellington sorted, we already have data in for Christchurch and a small amount for Auckland.

buzzy110, Jun 17, 5:41am
Don't worry imsir2u. Eventually those who aren't so obsessed with controlling the content on this board will come to your aid. I reckon if fisher has helped then you have had probably the best advice that can be had.

buzzy110, Jun 17, 5:42am
To make it easier for those without Excel here are the groups. Perhaps others would like to help from here.

Middle Eastern
Mongolian
Moroccan
Nepalese
New Zealand
Pizza
Russian
Sandwich Bar
Santa Fe
Seafood
Singaporean
Smorgasbord
Souviaki
Steak Houses
Takeaways
Thai
Turkish
Unknown
Vegetarian and Health
Vietnamese
Wine Bars

buzzy110, Jun 17, 5:47am
For starters I'd probably combine:

Singaporean, Thai and Vietnamese

Middle Eastern & Turkish (and chuck in Greek for good measure)

New Zealand, Sandwich Bar, Takeaways, Steak Houses & Wine Bars

And from there I'm a bit stumped. Haven't had much to do with Nepalese. I thought potatoes and yak milk were their main source of dietary intake and was surprised to even see it listed.

valentino, Aug 14, 2:05pm
Okay, I was missing something but this is totally uncalled for... . ! ! ! !

Hence me not being around this MSB Topic so much these days a long with a few others.

Cheers.