101 things to do with Cheerios!

helmont, Jun 16, 7:01am
Hi Everyone!
Months ago we had a huge party, and I ended up with lots of leftovers and uncooked BBQ meat which went straight into the freezer.

I've been slowly using it all up, but I have a MASSIVE bag of cheerios, and no idea what to do with them. I don't know anyone with a kids party coming up, or I would just offer them to them.

The only things I can think of is cooking them like regular sausages, which I'll probably do.
But I can imagine the LOLs when cheerios come out of the crock pot on sausage casserole night... .

Any other brilliant ideas?

sherralynne, Jun 16, 7:26am
x1
I heard of a way to heat cheerio's/saveloys from Alison Holst a few years ago. Her daughter Kirsten, who's a busy doctor and attends after school functions with her children. Alison Holst said that Kirsten fills her crockpot/slow cooker with the cheerio's/saveloys before leaving the house and as soon as she gets to the venue, switches the crockpot/slow cooker on to heat the meat, then provides a whole pile of bread rolls, tomato sauce and pickles so that the attendants can make their own "hot dogs".

margyr, Jun 16, 7:41am
roll them in pastry and have little sausage rolls, make mini battered hot dogs with them.

glendeb, Jun 16, 7:46am
We make American Hot Dogs with ours if we have leftovers or I can scoop some up reduced to clear.

tiogapass, Jun 16, 9:02am
Why don't you just throw them away and save yourself from eating the salt, fat, colouring, nitrates and preservatives they are full of.

bob_doe_nz, Jun 16, 9:54am
How about mini Toad-In-The-Hole.

Place 2-3 chopped or whole Cheerios into large diameter muffin tins, add the batter and bake.

Stand them upright when you pop them into the tin and they look back at you. You risk dry bits though.

krystine, Jun 18, 3:10am
Pizza hut slice them up and use then on their pizza

helmont, Jun 16, 7:01am
Hi Everyone!
Months ago we had a huge party, and I ended up with lots of leftovers and uncooked BBQ meat which went straight into the freezer.

I've been slowly using it all up, but I have a MASSIVE bag of cheerios, and no idea what to do with them.I don't know anyone with a kids party coming up, or I would just offer them to them.

The only things I can think of is cooking them like regular sausages, which I'll probably do.
But I can imagine the LOLs when cheerios come out of the crock pot on sausage casserole night....

Any other brilliant ideas?

sherralynne, Jun 16, 7:26am
I heard of a way to heat cheerio's/saveloys from Alison Holst a few years ago.Her daughter Kirsten, who's a busy doctor and attends after school functions with her children.Alison Holst said that Kirsten fills her crockpot/slow cooker with the cheerio's/saveloys before leaving the house and as soon as she gets to the venue, switches the crockpot/slow cooker on to heat the meat, then provides a whole pile of bread rolls, tomato sauce and pickles so that the attendants can make their own "hot dogs".

margyr, Jun 16, 7:41am
roll them in pastry and have little sausage rolls, make mini battered hot dogs with them.

glendeb, Jun 16, 7:46am
We make American Hot Dogs with ours if we have leftovers or I can scoop some up reduced to clear.

tiogapass, Jun 16, 9:02am
Why don't you just throw them away and save yourself from eating the salt, fat, colouring, nitrates and preservatives they are full of.

bob_doe_nz, Jun 16, 9:54am
How about mini Toad-In-The-Hole.

Place 2-3 chopped or whole Cheerios into large diameter muffin tins, add the batter and bake.

Stand them upright when you pop them into the tin and they look back at you. You risk dry bits though.

blt10, Jun 17, 11:55pm
Use cookie cutters ( butterfly etc ) on pastry,brush with egg wash, place a cheerio in centre and sprinkle with sesame seeds thenbake till golden. Pour a little tomato or chilli sauce on cheerio

wildflower, Jun 18, 3:30am
Chop them up and add them to baked beans.

wildflower, Jun 18, 3:31am
Really helpful aren't you?

annie642, Jun 26, 6:13am
Yuk, plastic meat.Dog tucker is the only thing the're good for

falcon-hell, Jun 26, 6:54am
i batter them and deep fry,mini hotdogs-everyone loves them.