Opinions please !!!

rema, Jun 2, 2:45am
My husband has given up smoking and his taste buds seem to have hit high - made a casserole and he tells me "it's bland" - how can I increase flavour for him
TIA

mountian, Jun 2, 3:11am
Garlic/Onions/Worcestershire Sauce/Vegetta stock/salt/pepper and various other premixed spices you find in the supermarket. I also find homemade stock is excellent in stews. Good luck pleasing the husband!

sossie1, Jun 2, 3:15am
teach him to cook

rema, Jun 2, 5:01am
Thank you mountian and as for your suggestion sossie - he doesn't know where the kitchen is ! ! ! !

sossie1, Jun 2, 5:03am
Hi Rema, i get all my recipes from the internet now, but basically as mountian suggests, and as for him not cooking i understand. I found my other half started cooking a bit more once i got a food processor and a breadmaker, he even makes biscuits now

rainrain1, Jun 2, 5:47am
slosh in some red wine and some mushrooms

alewis, Jun 2, 5:53am
masterchef have loads of flavours for sprinkling roast chicken etc he can knock himself out on his dinner plate - pepper is also considered the master seasoning, when you give up smoking you are meant to taste better cause your taste buds arent being hammered with all that smoke, oxo cubes are good for a infusion as well.

rema, Jun 2, 8:33pm
Many thanks everyone - will try all suggestions

pickles7, Jun 2, 9:09pm
He is smoking more than ever, behind your back...

motorbo, Jul 2, 3:52pm
funny i find without smoking i can taste so much more, are you sure he has given up? lol