I want to make paella!

Page 2 / 2
oli3, Jun 1, 9:59am
Ok, time for more paella! This week I have prawns and chorizo in, chicken stock, a new pack of saffron as my first attempt was with very old saffron. So I guess I can just adapt the recipe to suit those ingredients cant I? I have proper paella rice. Still don't have the proper pan though and I suspect this does matter :-]anyway, which would be the lesser of the two evils - big cast iron wok or normal tefflon style fry pan? Tempted to try the frypan this time. Also - at what stage to add prawns - they'll overcook easily wont they? TIA

griffo4, Jun 2, 7:08am
l have made paella in a lighter base pan and was happy with it and you would add the prawns later on as too early and they will be overdone
l have brought a paella pan and it has a light base but just need the family home to make it up
Let us know how you get on please

bearskin, Apr 19, 10:04pm
Making a paella style dish on Saturday for a pot luck dinner! Going all out seafood though - no chicken (or should that be rabbit - I heard that's the authentic meat) and chorizo of course. Don't have a proper pan though - just going to use my widest shallowest pan.