Do you not like tarragon?

Page 2 / 2
samanya, Mar 16, 9:07pm
That's great . I've seen the Herbert brand.
Do you supply Mega10 in the SI?
It would be good if Bunnings in the SI would stock it.

paora-tm, Mar 17, 1:31am
I'm 99.9% sure I have French. "Robust" & Vigorous" are definitely not words I would use to describe my plants and there certainly is good aniseed flavour in the leaves. Cheers

buzzy110, Mar 17, 3:27am
Oh fgs. So now you are the self-proclaimed expert with experience to correctly identify a plant for me. I am quite capable of doing that for myself with no experience at all. Distinguishing between French, Russian and Mexican tarragon is not rocket science.

buzzy110, Mar 17, 3:29am
Yep. Same here. I also was able to use photographs. How clever is that?

samanya, Mar 17, 4:02am
Settle petal.
You are reading far more into my post than was actually there!

samanya, Mar 17, 4:03am
Very clever indeed . you get the taste & flavour well that way.

morrello1, Mar 28, 1:56am
I have a Cuisine magazine from years ago that has a page "What to do with tarragon" & I've been making a salsa verde with tarragon in it, serving with chicken breast that I slice down the middle & put a sprig of tarragon in, for years. One of my fav chicken dishes. I really should check out some more recipes to use the herb in though. It grows well in my garden in Auckland.

flancrest, Mar 28, 2:40am
It's really not that hard to tell the difference by sight, and if in doubt a quick rub of a leaf soon makes it clear.

buzzy110, Mar 28, 3:07am
Well that is stupid. The taste and flavour come from the actual plant. Surely even and 'expert' can work that out.

samanya, Mar 28, 10:23pm
What's with the 'expert' stuff.
It's rather infantile.
Do I call you that when you regularly expound your knowledge about your particular interests?
We all have subjects that we may know a little more than others, but only certain types would proclaim themselves to be an expert & I'm not one of them . OK?

mercury14, Nov 20, 9:42am
Yay ,just googled the photos of French Tarragon and it is identical to my plant.
I chop it up and add it to beef mince patties, always get heaps of compliments on how yummy mine are.
Must copy some of these recipes and try them.