How does this sound for a desert??

anne1955, Apr 23, 7:47am
Thinking of making a profiterole tree for a special night but was thinking it if I filled them with cheese cake filling and built the tree also including cream and jam filled donuts as I go up they may have to be only halves in palces... and then pouring either choc icing or the topping that set on cold things as it comes out haha and maybe even toffee on top... any takers. . you think it will work as an idea? I often fill brandy snaps or baskets with cheese cake filling and sometime mix in dried fruit soaked in booze they always go down a treat so thought this might just build on this idea your thoughts please? ? Cheers Anne

cookessentials, Apr 23, 7:51am
Could do, howver, i guess you would have to watch that the cheesecake filling does not soften the choux pastry

rkcroft, Apr 23, 7:51am
I think you mean dessert. Sounds good except for the donuts. Don't ruin it with donuts just do the profiteroles.

anne1955, Apr 23, 7:52am
Mybe I should have mentaly painted the picture... . haha If the bottom of the tree is doughnut filled with jam and cream and in it's hole sits the first profritrole filled with cheeses cake filling building up from there? ? And yes no calouries spared if is a share and don't care desert :) If we don't have to go to dawn service then we can walk it off in the morning haha

anne1955, Apr 23, 8:24am
Hi thanks for that but don't see or hope it won't make it any more soggy than cream filling hoping to do it all at the last second though have a half hour drive with it... so will leave it as late as I can to fill. .

margyr, Apr 23, 8:33am
sounds good, but not sure how it will survive the drive. good luck, will be fun to do, and yummo to eat i am sure.

anne1955, Apr 23, 8:34am
Hi yes did wonder if they might be lets say stoggy compaired with profiferoles. . can't think of something just that bit different though wanted to make a new twist to it... maybe brandy baskets? ? Come on must be others that think outside square haha

anne1955, Apr 23, 8:44am
Hi Thanks I'll cheat with the keeping it together I think. . thought I'll pin it together with tooth picks, then it can be pulled apart and used to eat with them? It's a first for me to have to take something like this out and about. . haha I normally take something out a little bit more booring make pav;s to die for or cheeses cakes to kill for. . but want this dessert to be totally party stopping and out of this world... yes sadly want to out do the world... being totally selfish the lass having the party deserves it all and more. . she is a treasure that has had to live in the shadow of others and most guest will be that of others. . so I want to show her friends are. . 'the best' for her...

deus701, Apr 23, 9:42am
Since you're using choux pastry, why don't you make paris-brest instead of doughnuts? Its the circular donut looking once topped with flaked almonds. You can fill them with chocolate cream mixed with croquant (crushed almond toffee) and is one of my favourite.

Personally, i would eat profiteroles with this chocolate cream over cream cheese as I have a sweet tooth.

seniorbones, Apr 23, 10:44am
its called a croquembroche (sp) its french and dont know how to spell it, I think from the ads it looks like they are doing one on 'nz master chef' next week. usually you cover with spun toffee too. Make great wedding cake. good luck post a photo when you have finished it will be interesting.

anne1955, May 15, 10:10am
Sorry it took so long to reply to all thes wonderful replies... It looked stunning and tasted better than wonderful the only thing I would have changed is I used cream in the cheesacke filling and that went very thick... next time I will use milk... and the mini dounuts worked a treat making that base with mini marshmellows in them than choc creamy cover then next layer and then going up to it's point and held togther great... thanks people...

polly226, May 16, 2:29am
Don't mean to be rude you put desert instead of dessert. I like correct spelling.

elliehen, May 16, 2:52am
Well, polly226, that is rude. Posters don't come here for spelling lessons. If you feel personally affronted by a misspelled word, perhaps repeat it correctly when you answer the poster's question? Communication is much more important on a blog.

nfh1, May 16, 2:55am
you must think it is rude otherwise you would not have mentioned it.

The dessert sounds lovely though!

cookessentials, May 16, 6:50am
How did it turn out anne?

darlingmole, May 16, 7:14am
(clearing my throat)HUHUH~!
elliehen ... I've read a lot of negative feedback on the recipes about you so this is just a sugestion:keep your OPINIONS to yourself about other posters. You have no fans in here. In fact you have a lot of people who actively dislike you from what I've read.
This place is for RECIPES.

dezzie, May 16, 7:46am
lol @ pollys post, your spelling may have been correct, but, I think a comma after the "rude" is needed.
Oh and Annie, thatdessert sounds lovely.

nfh1, May 16, 8:26am
The post by polly226 was rude and uncalled for. Whether or not you like/dislike elliehen she was actually defending the original poster, who had made a spelling mistake.

sikofstuf, May 16, 8:43am
Hi- tell you what I did a while ago- which was yummy- just a suggestion- I did eclairs, and used a mix of caramel (made from condensed milk), whipped it, and half and halved it with cream. Then I poured some white choc inside the eclairs, swirled around, (really thin mind you! ), then filled with the caramel- A bazillion calories- but hey- hehe, it's pudding! ! !

bisloy, May 18, 10:21am
They all need testing - I am available. I am very thorough and truthful. Please contect me

bisloy, May 16, 6:15pm
OOps, sorry polly. Dyslexic fingers, I meant contact!