Is oatbran made out of

darren-j1, Nov 19, 6:25am
oats or porridge im new at this thanks

artemis, Nov 19, 6:54am
I believe it is just the outer husk of oat grains. Like normal bran is the husk pf wheat grains. Makes quite good porridge but a bit different to usual oatmeal in texture. High in soluble fibre so good for you. I cook it in the microwave with a chopped up apple, and add some yoghurt when cooked.

darren-j1, Nov 19, 7:51am
i just needed to know because its so hard to find! i thought of blending porridge but didnt know what the difference was. i add oatbran to my breakfast smoothies . thanks.

uli, Nov 19, 7:54am
Any bran is the outer husk of the grain.

Here is a little rundown of what you are eating:

http://www.whatsonmyfood.org/food.jsp!food=OA

floralsun, Nov 19, 8:37am
Oatbran is usually with the rolled oats at Countdown, and I saw at the weekend that Pak-n-save have it in their bulk bins.

sarahb5, Nov 19, 8:03pm
I hadn't seen oatbran before in Countdown but also noticed it was there last week, Homebrand, with the rest of the oats

sweater, Nov 19, 11:41pm
New World sell it in the bulk binns

cookiebarrel, Nov 21, 9:44am
I'm still trying to find somewhere to buy oatmeal from, for my oatmeal crackers.Did wonder if I put wholegrain oats through the prosessor if that would work!

kay141, Nov 21, 7:02pm
It worked for me but can't remember whether I used the blender or processor. I know I made them very fine.

uli, Nov 22, 4:19am
You can make oatmeal from oats or flakes (for porridge) in a food processor or blender.

roshu, Nov 24, 4:28am
Some supermarkets put it in the baking aisle while others put it with rolled oats in the cereal section. And it makes a yummy porridge.

cookiebarrel, Nov 24, 4:53am
Thanks guys.I am wanting to make some oatmeal biscuits and just haven't seen it around here in an age.

cleo444, Nov 24, 5:56am
That might be the answer, haven't looked in the baking aisle

sarahb5, Nov 24, 9:24pm
Rolled oats are just a type of oatmeal - is your recipe American by any chance!They seem to call the oats we use here to make porridge with oatmeal.I think oatmeal may be slightly finer than our regular rolled oats but milk oaties I find are finer than other brands of rolled oats so I'd use them in place of oatmeal.

kiwibubbles, Nov 25, 3:40am
i add milk oaties to my smoothies -= works out well