What can I do with Eggwhites?

vampiriousmist, Nov 11, 11:07pm
I am not really a fan of pavlova , but I have 8 egg whites leftover from my hollandaise sauce making :)
Are there any other ideas besides a pav that I can use them up for !

carlosjackal, Nov 11, 11:10pm
Egg white omelets!

davidt4, Nov 11, 11:20pm
Angel Cake, Dacquoise.

bisloy, Nov 11, 11:25pm
Make a roulade - egg whites and sugar and a little cornflour. Spread out in a slice tin or on a tray to about 2cm thick and bake at 140C for 15 mins and cool. It makes it very soft marshmellow-like.
Turn out onto an icing sugar dusted cloth and put a 2cm thick layer of strawberries and cream or lemon curd and cream over 2/3. Fold uncreamed 1/3 over creamed 1/3 and slide your serving plate under the other 1/3. Gently flip the rolled up part over so that it ends up as a roll on your serving plate.
Sounds a bit complicated, but it isn't after you've had a go. Not too sweet or heavy, so makes a nice light summer dessert.

bisloy, Nov 11, 11:26pm
Make chocolate mousse! Or those flash boiled pav clouds that you serve with nice syrup.

vampiriousmist, Nov 11, 11:30pm
A roulade is an idea - could fill with jam :) Gonna also have a go at coconut macaroons, and if I have enough egg whites after theroulade, perhaps some soufles :)

vampiriousmist, Nov 11, 11:31pm
I has no cream for chocolate mousse, or chocolate, or that is what I would make !

vampiriousmist, Nov 11, 11:31pm
Thanks for the ideas ! :D

bruceakld, Nov 12, 12:35am
Annabel Langbeins Strawberry Cloud Cake

vampiriousmist, Nov 12, 12:52am
I ended up making angel food cupcakes and coconut /almond macaroons (ran of of coconut so added 1 cup of ground almonds) :)

holly-rocks, Nov 12, 12:54am
Pretty! :)

battgirl, Nov 12, 12:59am
Thanks! Total fluke too.I was going to make purple and green ones and when I started stirring the colours in I realised they looked much cooler with the "marbled" effect so left them like that. Will be doing them again, they go so fast!

waswoods, Nov 13, 8:28am
Pink with strawberries and cream would look great

usefulidiot, Nov 13, 9:15am
Meatloaf.

cardiffgirl, Nov 13, 9:31am
Make friands with them