My 14 year old nephew has asked me to ask you all

allurs, Oct 27, 6:31am
Did any of you manage to get Annabelle's dessert recipe! He has been trying to make something similar with many failures . this could be the one! TIA!

buzzy110, Oct 27, 6:34am
If no one else responds I do know that her book is already out so you could try the library for a copy. He'll be able to copy out as many recipes as he wants then.

245sam, Oct 27, 6:36am
allurs, I haven't watched tonight's episode yet so I'm not sure if the recipe you're wanting is the Berryfruit Salad with Lavender Syrup!

If that is the recipe you'll find it at:-
http://tvnz.co.nz/free-range-cook/episode-6-berryfruit-salad-lavender-syrup-5081528

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 27, 6:37am
I'm seriously considering spending my FlyBuys points on that one, just to get her tart tatin recipe, though I suspect it's fairly standard. She cooked her apples in the caramel for a bit first though - I haven't seen that done before and very sensible too!

elliehen, Oct 27, 6:42am
Here's tonight's episode.I'm guessing your nephew wants the Tarte Tatin with maple syrup, aka Upside-down Caramel Apple Pie.

http://tvnz.co.nz/content/3691520.xhtml

allurs, Oct 27, 6:51am
Thanks heaps all, yes you are right elliehen he was wanting the unspide-down caramel apple pie - gosh he has tired so many times!

245sam, Oct 27, 6:53am
Here you are allurs (and oh_hunnihunni).

Annabel Langbein’s CHEAT’S MAPLE AND APPLE TARTE TATIN
200g (2 sheets) puff pastry
100g butter
½ cup soft brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp ground cloves
finely grated zest of 1 orange
8 firm apples, such as goldendelicious, peeled, cored and quartered or halved

On a lightly floured work surface roll out the pastry to a round the same size as the top of a 26-28cm steel-handled fry pan (if using pastry sheets stack one on top of the other before rolling).Transfer pastry to a plate and freeze or refrigerate until needed.
Preheat oven to 220°C.
Place butter, sugar and maple syrup in the steel-handled fry pan and cook until the mixture starts to turn dark brown (about 5 minutes).Add 1-2 tbsp water if the mixture isn't caramelising easily.Take care not to burn it.Remove from heat and stir in the cloves and orange zest.
Arrange the apples rounded-side down in the caramel with the edges slightly overlapping.
Bake until apples are soft (about 15 minutes).
Place chilled pastry circle on top of apples, allowing the edges to fall inside the rim of the fry pan.
Bake until pastry is golden (about 15 minutes).
Remove from oven and stand 30 minutes before placing a serving plate on top of the fry pan and carefully flipping the tart over on to the plate.
Serve warm.
Serves 6.:-))

allurs, Oct 27, 9:48am
Awww bless you 245sam:D

elliehen, Oct 27, 9:50am
Thanks from me too, 245sam.I want to make that in my cast iron frypan.

gardie, Oct 27, 4:46pm
Interesting to read that recipe as on TV she said to put the apples cut side down into the syrup!i also thought the finished product looked seriously brown - a little too brown for my liking.I think I wouldn't cook it so much before adding the apple and popping in the oven.

carlosjackal, Oct 27, 6:45pm
I thought that too, though I bet it tasted beautiful - very caramel-y!

marywea, Oct 27, 8:18pm
allurs, I have a 9 year old grand-daughter-perhaps in 10 years time she could be introduced to your nephew-what an asset he will be in a family-well done him.

grannypam, Oct 27, 8:26pm
I saw a cooking program on tva fewdays ago.an aussie one I think.
the apples were placed in a heavy frying pan that had caramel in it, cooked for a while then had a circle of dough or pastry placed over it before being put in the oven to finish.

allurs, Oct 29, 6:16pm
Marywea - yes very lucky having his enthusiasm! Deal give me a holla in 10yrs so I can give your dranddaughter his number :D