Odense marzipan

ralta, Sep 26, 11:03pm
Hello does anyone know where I can buy marzipan - used to be able to get Odense brand in supermarkets but they no longer seem to stock it.

It is the proper marzipan I need for a particular cake recipe & not just the almond flavoured icing but am having trouble sourcing it.I used to be able to get it at the supermarket but when I tried yesterday & today (at several supermarkets) they didn't have it and didn't even know what I was on about.

I have also tried ringing a couple of local cake making shops but they only seem to stock/sell fondant & not actual marzipan.

I have made my own before but it was quite a different texture/flavour to the one I used to buy from the supermarket so not sure if it would work in this recipe or not.

lilyfield, Sep 26, 11:07pm
Bakels ( google it) , they are in Auckland and will have it, but no idea if they sell retail, ask them.

ralta, Sep 26, 11:10pm
thanks but even if they do sell retail I can't find either marzipan or odense when I search under their products so it is doubtful that they have/sell it.

cookessentials, Sep 26, 11:16pm
Moore Wilson still have it and I think also Countdown

cookessentials, Sep 26, 11:17pm

ralta, Sep 26, 11:18pm
thanks but I don't think we have Moore Wilson in Auckland & our countdown don't have the marzipan anymore - neither did New World.

ralta, Sep 26, 11:20pm
thanks - I actually need it for tomorrow but we do have a dutch shop nearby (Henderson) and I have to go somewhere else in Henderson today so will call in there & see if they have it.

cookessentials, Sep 26, 11:22pm

ralta, Sep 26, 11:25pm
Thanks, looks like a yummy site.Even though it isn't in time for tomorrow I may still buy some things from there.

cookessentials, Sep 26, 11:25pm
They may have it for you, hopefully.

ralta, Sep 26, 11:27pm
yep fingers crossed & even if they don't have it my dutch husband & our kids will be happy if I get some dutch cheese for them while I am there.