MKR Steve and Helen.

geldof, Sep 20, 8:20am
Can anyone tell me the name of the custard they made last night.
I think it was just a cornflour custard with blueberries cooked through it.

paghan, Sep 20, 8:24am
Blueberry mahalabia with strawberry sugar syrup and yoghurt

Preparation time: 30 mins (+ setting time Cooking time: 35 mins Serves : 4

Ingredients
Blueberry mahalabia
125g punnet blueberries
1 tbs honey
1litre milk
220g caster sugar
1/3 cup cornflour
2 tbs water

Sugar syrup
250g punnet strawberries, chopped, plus 250g extra, whole
220g caster sugar
125ml water
125g punnet raspberries
125g punnet blueberries, extra

Vanilla cream
125ml cream
2 tbs icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
125ml vanilla yoghurt

Method

1. To make mahalabia, place blueberries and honey in a small saucepan over low heat and stir for 5 minutes or until soft and pulpy.

2. Stir milk and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture just comes to the boil. Mix cornflour with water, then add to the pan and stir for a further 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in blueberry mixture.

3. Divide mixture among 4 heatproof serving glasses. Cool and refrigerate overnight.

4. Meanwhile, to make sugar syrup, stir strawberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick. Cool slightly, then stir in raspberries, blueberries and extra strawberries. Refrigerate until required.

5. To make vanilla cream, beat cream, sugar and vanilla essence with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, then fold in yoghurt.
6. Top mahalabia with berry sugar syrup and serve with vanilla cream.

Tips:
- Mahalabia is a dessert with origins in the Middle East. It is traditionally flavoured with fruits, spices and essences from the region such as rosewater and cardamom.

- Use big enough serving glasses, so that you have room to top the mahalabia with the berry sugar syrup.

- This sugar syrup would also be great served warm over ice-cream, pancakes or waffles.
-------------------------------
-------------------------------
--------------------
I just googled My Kitchen Rules :)

geldof, Sep 20, 9:16am
Thank you.I googled and couldn't find it.