Panko?

xmissmollyx, Sep 25, 2:49am
I'm wanting to attempt this recipe this week, but it calls for panko.
I'm not really sure what it is, apart from it's serves to add crunch to the chicken coating.which sounds good to me. But does anyone here know where I can get my hands on some!

Thank you

xmissmollyx, Sep 25, 2:49am

pericles, Sep 25, 2:50am
breadcrumbs - japanese

xmissmollyx, Sep 25, 2:54am
I just googled.sigh, it's been a long day. Don't know why I didn't do that in the first place! Thank you anyhow pericles.

pericles, Sep 25, 2:55am
my countdown have them

245sam, Sep 25, 3:08am
Most supermarkets have Panko breadcrumbs BUT it can be both confusing and frustrating when it comes to where to find them.Look in any/all of the following places - amongst the other 'ordinary' breadcrumbs; amongst other International items; in or near the Serviced Deli and/or Seafood areas.

Hope that helps.:-))

kiwiscrapper1, Sep 25, 4:14am
Be careful what you pay for them, most are expensive but our countdown have them quite reasonable, you might have to ask I couldnt find them the first time because they have no english on the pack its all japanese, they are next to other breadcrumbs. Never use anything else now they are much nicer.

mwood, Sep 25, 4:23am
Blenheim Countdown has them on top of the Fish Servery.

olwen, Sep 25, 4:24am
They may be cheaper in Bin Inn or SImplifood

xmissmollyx, Sep 25, 6:05am
Thanks 245sam will make sure I do a full trip around before giving up hope, not too worried about the price yet, as I'm only making a small amount of the Chilli Chicken.but if it's anygood, I guess I'll really need to concider finding a place to buy in bulk.

sarahb5, Sep 25, 9:23am
And buy the actual Japanese ones if you can find them rather than the Fogdog ones which claim to be authentic but are nowhere near as nice a flavour as the Nisshin ones they sell in Countdown.Also Fogdog = $6.99, Nisshin = $3.99 - the packet is mainly yellow and mostly written in Japanese

kiwiscrapper1, Sep 26, 3:24am
They are the ones I buy - couldnt remember the brand! yes fogdog arent that good and so expensive for a smaller packet.

susieq9, Sep 28, 12:54am
Won't use any other breadcrumbs other than Panko now. They are great.

tommydog, Sep 28, 2:01am
I use Nisshin as well I think they are the best quality.

smudge75, Sep 28, 5:35am
Love Panko, pak n save have them too!