What can I make with 200g of.

carlosjackal, Sep 8, 9:20pm
Ricotta Cheese! I have a few great recipes that require almost double the amount I have left over and don't want to buy any more if I can help it. I'd just like to use up what I have left.which is 200g. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

kaitaiaspca1, Sep 8, 9:43pm
pancakes.there was a recipe in the Herald over the weekend for pancakes with ricotta in it.sorry, don't have it on me though.

carlosjackal, Sep 8, 9:45pm
Thanks kaitaiaspca1.sounds really nice. If you do come across it can you come back and post the recipe here! Meanwhile, I've decided to make some Gnocchi.

lilyfield, Sep 8, 9:58pm
Add lemon,vanilla sugar whip iy up with a stick blender and milk to required consistency and eat on its own or with fruit as a lucious dessert

carlosjackal, Sep 8, 10:04pm
Ooooohh.that's a good idea! Might just do that next time I have left over Ricotta Cheese! Thanks for that.it sounds really yummy!

sarahb5, Sep 8, 11:01pm
Just make half the recipe that you've found .

angel404, Sep 8, 11:19pm
id make a dip for vege sticks or a spread for crackers. Just mix in some grated cheese and gherkin relish and you are done. Its divine!

iriegirl, Sep 8, 11:42pm
Spinach and ricotta ravioli, mmmm

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 12:09am
Stating the obvious.Urrrgh! Dah! Why didn't I think of that!! LOL!

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 12:10am
Never thought of doing that! Thanks.another great tip ;D

davidt4, Sep 9, 12:13am
Ricotta makes a nice salad dressing if you whip in some extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, garlic and fresh herbs.

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 12:14am
Thanks for your suggestion.LOVE Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli, but I've just made Ricotta and Parmesan Gnocchi to which I'm going to add the rest of a gorgeous homemade tomato sauce from last night.always nicer the next day! LOL

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 5:35am
Thanks davidt4.I'm going to remember this.sounds really nice and definitely a low fat alternative to a regular salad dressing. Would be be as nice with Balsamic vinegar!

davidt4, Sep 9, 5:43am
I wouldn't use Balsamic vinegar in a ricotta dressing as I think it would be too sweet and overpowering.Red wine vinegar has a cleaner taste.

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 9:20am
Thanks for that, I was thinking it might be.

mary92, Sep 9, 9:52am
Ricotta pancakes with lemon & sugar
11/4 cups s.r. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 eggs, separated
1 cup fresh ricotta
lemon wedges to serve.
Place the flour, baking soda, sugar, vanilla, buttermilk and egg yokes in a bowl and wisk to combine. P)lace the egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Gently fold the ricotta and egg whites through the buttermilk mixture. Heat in a large lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook 1/4 cup of the mixture in batches for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Serve with lemon and sprinkle with extra caster sugar. Serves 4.
This is out of the Donna Hay Food. do hope it helps

mary92, Sep 9, 9:54am
Sorry hope you understand that is one and a half cups of S>R> Flour NOT 11/4

mary92, Sep 9, 9:57am
Can anyone please tell me what I can use instead of buttermilk or how do you make it. Thanks

carlosjackal, Sep 9, 10:18am
Thanks mary92.I always have pancakes with just lemon and sugar but have never made them with Ricotta cheese and buttermilk before. Will definitely be trying these in the near future. I recently made pancakes using sourdough starter and they were really light and "fluffy".