Fejoas

bulldogod, Apr 14, 6:57am
What can I do with them? Can you freeze them?

fisher, Apr 14, 7:14am
Pack up a box and send some to me:}}

korbo, Apr 14, 7:20am
yes, i sent some from napier to blenheim today for my girls.
put up an auction. many people want them

lonicera, Apr 14, 7:56am
My mother used to make fejoa and ginger jam and, I think, a chutney. You can also use them in fruit crumbles or upside down cakes/puddings, make them into wine or poach in wine (Digby Law's Dessert Cookbook). Also have recipe for a fejoa sponge. Otherwise, just pig on them and think about the South Islanders who pay for them singly at the market place!

tonsta2, Apr 14, 8:21am
They are awesome in a crumble, feijoa and apple crumble - i have made heaps and frozen it to use throughout the year.

uli, Apr 14, 8:37am
give me your address and I will send you some - have made about 30l of wine now and need some "outlets" LOL :)

edited to say that this year they are not as big as usual due to the drought ...

helton1, Apr 14, 9:00am
Awesome in a crumble. (add a couple of bananas)

unknowndisorder, Apr 14, 10:34am
Have bumped the feijoa thread for you (with your spelling of it, silly English language with all the silent vowels lol)

speedy_11, Apr 14, 11:40am
Yep great in crumble, I also do a fantastic feijoa muffin, banana muffin recipe, and sprinkle tops with sugar before cooking. Of course theres seldom enough left after the kids get into them to actually cook anything with them.

My grandmother used to freeze them every year, simply peeled them, blanched them and froze.

roys351, Jan 31, 2:46pm
been told to treat them like bananas in baking, Im peeded off my tree havent produced anything for two years got different types etc and still no fruit