New Freya sandwhich thins.

mattdylan, Jul 17, 2:08am
anyone tried these, bought some on the weekend, quite pricey at $4.60 for 6 of them - they claim to have 40% less carbs than Freyas normal bread - they are like little frisbees so hard and strange - they are also very sweet, guess they bump up the sugar content too

tiogapass1, Jul 17, 2:13am
I found they are much better toasted than straight out of the pack.

kirmag, Jul 17, 2:36am
Worth the money you reckon!I think they look like mini pitas. the Mr wanted to try them but for that price. hmmm

mattdylan, Jul 17, 2:42am
I don't think worth it, I will be sticking to Corn thins I think!

daleaway, Jul 17, 2:49am
They're very good for making Shamburgers if you are counting calories - not so much bread as puffy hamburger buns.

I think they would also make good mini-pizza bases.

They toast up nice and crisp, and taste fine - but OH the price!

mattdylan, Jul 17, 2:51am
Do you think they taste a little sweet!

daleaway, Jul 17, 2:55am
No, not specially. But then I am tasting the home-made mince patties, steak sauce, grated carrot, beetroot and gherkin and lettuce that I put inside them!

shamarick, Jul 17, 3:04am
Hi My Mum really likes these. They are only $3 dollars something this week at Pak n Save Hornby . She also paid $ 4.60 the first week she had them. She puts cheese and tomato in them and melts it.

supercook, Jul 17, 3:57am
Not so impressed too. Made salad sandwiches wth them. Probably wouldn't buy again.Do like the idea of using as hamburger buns.

angel404, Jul 17, 4:14am
They are only 40% less carbs because they are 40% smaller than the bread lol.

kateley, Jul 17, 4:15am
yep.

they are a bit like slightly stale crusts

mattdylan, Jul 17, 4:16am
haha yea this is true, will be sticking to normal bread I think, and just use one slice !

voyager4, Jul 17, 4:26am
I'd rather use pita bread

just_lookin1, Jul 17, 4:33am
i looked at them but it wasn't really what i expected (from seeing the advert) I think they're another 'gimmicky' bread item. Like voyager, i'll stick with pita bread.

lodgelocum, Jul 17, 4:39am
They are quite nice but not much to them, wouldn't buy again.

soph001, Jul 23, 4:29am
yeah but you can't make a sandwich out of one slice!

mothergoose_nz, Jul 23, 4:42am
tried them but not again.wondered why they even put the out.

lythande1, Jul 23, 5:16am
Looks like a piece of cardboard to me, probably tastes like one. How about eat something tasty, just less of it.

daniclark, Jul 23, 9:48am
I make my thins, so easy to make.

vinee, Jul 23, 10:17am
This reminds me of melba toast, I'd forgotton about that.
toast a normal piece of bread and then carefully slice it through the still soft middle to get 2 extra thin bits.
I dont really like sandwiches but bread is such a convenient way to hold your lunch when you're away from home and plates and cutlery etc.

norse_westie, Jul 24, 3:50am
The 16 year old loved them in his lunch, the younger kids hated them. I had five packets of them so made them into mini-pizzas/mousetraps and they were a huge hit.

sarahb5, Jul 24, 7:17am
You have to split them - I haven't bought any because I can't see how they're any different to pita bread