HELP ! does anyone know where i can

modeez, Jun 28, 8:42pm
buy teeny tiny hamburger buns from! I need to get some today.

sam284, Jun 28, 8:44pm
Could you just buy large ones and cut them out smaller!

sam284, Jun 28, 8:48pm
Or some supermarkets sell tiny buns called Dinner Buns, small oval shaped rolls you warm in oven

modeez, Jun 28, 8:50pm
I guess i could but would be alot of wastage, if worse comes to worse i will run with your idea. Thanks for your response to my question :)would be a great help if someone knew of a shop that actually sells small hamburger buns.

bruceakld, Jun 28, 8:58pm
I've seen mini ciabatta rolls in Countdown.
They are smaller than burger buns but larger than dinner rolls.

marywea, Jun 28, 9:52pm
No help for you today but what about suggesting to a local bakery or supermarketthat they make them-sounds like a good idea to me.

davidt4, Jun 28, 10:16pm
"Loaf" has recently added these to their range in conjunction with Al Brown - they are called slider buns.Maybe ring Loaf and find out where the nearest retailer is.

sarahb5, Jun 28, 11:26pm
Or ring Burger Fuel and ask them where they get theirs from

horizons_, Jun 28, 11:57pm
Just use ordinary buns, they're smaller than a burger bun.

karenz, Jun 29, 12:24am
They sell them at Moore Wilsons in Wellington not sure about anywhere else.

karenz, Jun 29, 12:27am
The Moore Wilson ones are very small versions of proper hamburger buns, there must be branches in the Auckland area, if not try other outlets that service the catering industry.They are sold frozen, also sell mini bilinis (sp!)

modeez, Jun 29, 12:31am
Thanks guys, I rang a local baker and he is making 50 ping pong sized buns especially for me @ .30c a piece, they will be ready to be picked up in an hour. Yay! Thank you all for your help . Have a good day :)

pr1ncesswst, Jun 29, 12:36am
.30 cents each, holy he's making a killing.

shop-a-holic, Jun 29, 12:50am
Which section are they in!signed extremely grateful

karenz, Jun 29, 1:00am
Not in the Moore Wilson Fresh part, in the other building where the bulk and the groceries are, last time I saw them they were in the chilled section at the back.You need a card to shop there but all you have to do is ask and you can getone and you can shop until your card is issued.Any staff member can direct you to the right area.

shop-a-holic, Jun 29, 3:27am
Thanks, doll.I have a card :-) (hugs)

I was thinking of those new Hellers Pork or Angus meatballs would be fabulous "flattened" into patties for the buns.It would give a consistent look for lots of sliders at kids parties.or my own.

duckmoon, Jun 29, 4:48am
I have turned their meatballs into baby patties, easier to cook on BBQ

staceytee109, Jun 29, 5:54am
what about baking some!

nat148, Jun 29, 10:28pm
Use mini paninis from the supermarket. (They also make great little garlic breads!)