Foods for 7mth old.

philpot3, Jul 7, 7:54am
Anyone have any new and inventive ideas!

biggles45, Jul 7, 8:02am
Is there some reason why he/she can't eat what you are having! Ours all had the same meals as us from about 3 months old, but liquidised when very young and later cut up small. So plenty of variety, and all the nutrients they needed. I would keep 2 or 3 extra ones in the frezer for if we were going out or having salad or curry.

smiggles15, Jul 7, 8:10am
Exactly. This is what I do too.

amy3000, Jul 7, 8:17am
mr1 loves roast. We save the fat from the meat and puree them up together, add the roast veges and sometimes some cooked mixed veges. Put into empty baby food jars and store in freezer. When he was that age we'd puree the veges in really well but once he got a little older we'd just puree the veges enough to chop them into little bits and mix it in. Another thing he loved at just a little older than that was omlette or home made sausages (sausage meat coated rolled into little finger shaped pieces, rolled in egg and then bread crumbs and fried)

molly37, Jul 7, 8:50am
You seriously gave your 1 year old fat from the roast meat and fried sausage meat. Are you for real.

biggles45, Jul 7, 8:53am
I think that was a typo! I assume she means she took the fat off and gave him the meat, which is what we did for all of ours from about 3 months - well liquidised of course. We grill sausage rather than fry it, but ours loved it!

sarahb5, Jul 8, 3:18am
Mine were older when they started but we did the same - gave them a little of what we were having for dinner pureed to start with then gradually lumpier until it was just cut up for them.And yes they had sausages - cut lengthways though because of the choking risk of the skin.Favourite food as really small babies was mashed potato with gravy from the roast or mashed veggies with grated or cream cheese added.

macandrosie, Jul 8, 4:59am
Keep it simple all flavours & textures are a new experience to littleys, they don't need fancy additives like cheese etc, I never salted baby food either.

norse_westie, Jul 8, 5:02am
While my kids eat what we do, they certainly don't from 7 months. Mine are still breastfeeding at that age and most of the seven only started solids around 6 months anyway. So I keep their food bland at that stage. Its mostly baby rice with breast milk, moving onto baby porridge with breast milk, pureed pears or apples, mashed/blended avocado with fruit (especially bananas and pears, slowly adding in others) and avocado with one veggie at a time. The avocado is healthy and gives the food a soft velvety texture that they enjoy and take to easily.

I don't add meat till around 9-10 months, and more veggies at that stage. By 12 months they are eating mashed up or chopped up meals of pretty much what we eat.

sarahb5, Jul 8, 7:15am
Mine had other flavours, such as cream cheese, cheese, fish or meat added, once they got past the single tastes stage.Babies need protein.

natalie9, Jul 8, 7:31am
Presuming you've gone through the first foods:
- Cooked Lamb, kumara and apple pureed to desired texture
- Cooked Rice, Beef and Carrot pureed
- Cooked Pasta, Chicken, Carrot and Courgettes (Peeled)pureed