All purpose cleaner

daniclark, Jul 11, 8:17am
does anybody have a good recipe for it, I have tried so many but they don`t work.

245sam, Jul 11, 8:36am
daniclark, have you tried this one!I personally use this one and find that it's great - no more buying Mr Muscle, Handy Andy or any pre-wash spray, this cleaner has replaced all such/similiar products.

"boatboy10's SPRAY AND WIPE.
"It's amazing! I have used on all kitchen/bathroom surfaces, windows, mirrors, walls - it's fantastic. Can also use on clothes as stain remover."

1 litre water
200ml vinegar
40ml each of dish detergent and eucalyptus oil
2 dssp washing soda crystals

Mix together, put in a spray bottle and use, or add 60ml to a bucket water and use for floors.":-))

kateley, Jul 11, 8:50am
I use half and half white vinegar and water with a little squirt of dishwashing liquid.
I use it for every where - kitchen, bathroom, windows.You may need to scrub a bit and I use really hot water to rinse off

elsielaurie1, Jul 11, 9:08am
Have a look at Wendyl Nissens site.she has heaps of good, make-your-own cleaners or you can buy direct from her.

carlos57, Jul 13, 10:31pm
Hi. I'm going to try making this. Just wondering if it matters what temperature the water is when you make it! Do the other ingredients dissolve better if it's hot! TIA

ange164, Jul 13, 10:58pm
dissolve the washing soda crystals in the warm 1 litre of water first,
Then pour into that the eucalyptus oil then the dish detergent and finally the vinegar. then mix by just gently tipping the bottle upside down a few times, so as not to create bubbles.
IF you put vinegar and soda crystals together without the water to dilute it, they do the volcano thing.
AS with normal spray and wipe - don't leave it sitting for ages (3 mins +) on painted/varnished surfaces or delicate ones as the washing soda can potentially damage the paint.

245sam, Jul 13, 11:11pm
carlos57, IMO the water temperature doesn't matter at all - I use cold water but initially it's whatever comes out of the faucet and that could be warm if I have previously been using hot water.
I make the cleaner up in a 2 litre container and if I'm in the mood I rather like the science experiment effect of the washing soda + vinegar, otherwise I mix it in a random order depending on which ingredient container my hand lands on first. Admittedly I do usually have bubbles but if the mixed cleaner is left to sit they disappear.:-))

terachaos, Jul 14, 2:51am
Where do you buy Eucalyptus oil! Used to be able to get it at PNS or Woolies but haven't been able to find any.same as hydrogen peroxide.

245sam, Jul 14, 3:14am
terachos, when did you last look for Eucalyptus Oil at PnS!
I haven't looked for a few weeks but the last time I did look it was definitely still available in the vicinity of the Band Aids/Elastoplast products.I'm going to be needing some more soon so I certainly hope that it's still available here in our Chch PnS.:-))

carlos57, Jul 14, 3:33am
I got my eucalyptus oil from Pak n Save here in Palmy. I hadn't seen it there before, so grabbed it when I was in the other day.

245sam, Jul 14, 3:44am
oops, my apologies for the typo of your username, terachaos.

lynv, Jul 15, 1:59am
This stuff is a fantastic general purpose cleaner!i make a couple my own cleaners, but this one tops my list.Others I use are:

Baking soda in a shaker for cleaning my sink after the dinner dishes, just sprinkle it around and wipe it down with a cloth, rinse off. Leaves sink shiny.

Baking soda is also great for cleaning soap scum ring off from around the bath.

For a carpet deodoriser, blend together in a kitchen whizz blender 200gm baking soda and 10-20 drops of essential oil and put in a airtight container. I use lavender essential oil.

For a quick cheap airfreshner, add some drops of essential oil to some water in a spray bottle.

Burnt/crusted pans soak overnight with hot water, small handful of washing soda and squirt of dishwashing detergent. Cleans off easily in the morning.