EasiYo FAIL!

iinemesisii, Mar 10, 11:26pm
So I've been using my Easiyo maker for years.I got it 2nd hand with one of the old style (roundish) conatiners and it's made perfect yoghurt every time.Recently I bought some extra containers so I could have some spare.The new ones are the ones with the straight sides.I simply cannot get my yoghurt to set in the new containers.What's going on!

harrislucinda, Mar 11, 2:06am
give the numberon thebackofpacketaringtheymighthelpi haverungthemoncebefore

pickles7, Mar 11, 2:08am
boil the containers you are using, sounds as if they have a bug.

allurs, Mar 11, 2:24am
Ihave the same prob! interested to see what they say!

pickles7, Mar 11, 2:43am
This has reminded me I have a pkt in my pantry needing to be made.
I will sterilise my container though as it is ages since I have made the pkt yogurt.

jules172, Mar 11, 2:53am
try the "Hansells' brand - always works for me

sarahb5, Mar 11, 3:01am
I've always had the straight sided containers but did notice when I bought some new ones that the lid of the actual Easiyo maker didn't fit as well when I used the new jars so I gave the new jars to my daughter who has a newer Easiyo maker than me and they fit hers just fine.Maybe some dimension changes have been made!

jag5, Mar 11, 9:03am
I never had any luck with Hansells.never a problem with the Easiyo.

kuaka, Mar 11, 10:52am
I've never had any luck with Hansells either, so always use Easiyo, but the one I'm using at the moment, seems more like cheese with a lot of liquid around it.Tastes okay, but I'm wondering why it has gone so thick and solid and sort of separated lots of liquid out of it.

sarahb5, Mar 11, 8:58pm
Stir it - the watery liquid (whey) stays mixed and your yoghurt is nice and creamy.I sometimes get this, other times I don't but I just stir it up and it's fine.

kuaka, Mar 11, 10:28pm
I'll try that.I often get a little whey but this time I've got lots and the usual nice rich and creamy is more like solid glug.Still tastes okay though.

sarahb5, Mar 12, 12:19am
I don't ever buy the flavoured sachets - prefer to add my own

carter19, Mar 12, 1:44am
Why not use a glass agee jar! I put this in a small chili bin with a hotty overnight and have perfect yoghurt everytime. It's not necessary to buy stuff for the purpose. I have done it in my tupperware and icecream containers too.

kuaka, Mar 12, 3:10am
I don't very often buy the vanilla, but the one I've got all gluey at the moment is vanilla.My favourite is raspberry and cream