TM Daily Deal. Tagine

cookessentials, Mar 30, 11:09pm
Would not use an aluminium one personally. You want a good knob at the top that wont get super hot, otherwise you cant get the lid off. I prefer one you can use on the stove top.

cosimo, Apr 5, 9:10am
I bought one at Stevens - like many you see, the base is quite shallow, and it didn't hold as much as my recipes wasfor.But apart from spillage in the oven (once - got that sorted) the taste of the food was exquisite (used the same recipe both times).

wron, Apr 5, 10:47am
What was the recipe cosimo! I won a pottery one a few years ago but it's a bit on the small side, ok for 2 though, but not family size meals. Haven't used much, so looking forward to seeing what you cooked!

wron, Apr 11, 1:39am
Calling Cosimo

elliehen, Apr 11, 5:20am
cosimo posts in Trade Me Discussion.Maybe you can track her down there!

gazza1234, Apr 11, 6:09am
I just emailed her, pointing to this thread.

cosimo, Apr 11, 6:13am
Oh - I'll go and find the recipe.Yes, it was a family size meal- perhaps that was the problem.

cosimo, Apr 11, 6:23am
found it - was chicken with apricots and honey - and the problem was it had 250 ml of chicken stock plus the juicein a 425 can of apricots - other recipes I've looked at don't seem to have that much.But then, apart from what went on the oven floor, the rest was absorbed and it was extremely tasty.I would do it again, for a third time, with protection for the oven!

Does one copy recipes out in this message board! happy to do so.

elliehen, Apr 11, 6:32am
cosimo, yes, one does ;)

And many others as well as the person who asked will be grateful to you.

cosimo, Apr 11, 9:07am
Ooh, working through the recipe I mentioned, I have realised it wasn't the one I cooked in the tagine.Every thing sounded right until I was half way through it - being chicken it didn't need an hour in the oven, so that was that.It will teach me to have too many cook books.II will keep looking.Unless you want the chicken one (not cooked in a tagine)

cookessentials, Apr 11, 6:24pm
Lamb prunes, apricots and almond tagine is the one I do.it's delicious.