Can-openers-Help!

schnauzer11, May 6, 10:05pm
We just cannot find a decent manual can-opener.Have an electric one,but such a pain in the # to get out all the time.(next garage sale.)Have bought different styles of cheapish ones,but all short-lived.What's a good brand!I'll bet cookessentials will help! Thanks.

shop-a-holic, May 6, 10:31pm
I like Brabantia.

cookessentials, May 6, 10:45pm
Kuhn Rikon or Zyliss

lilyfield, May 6, 10:47pm
never had a problem with those ancient metal flywheel ones. lasts foreever

ttwisty, May 6, 10:49pm
wmf

robyn35, May 6, 11:19pm
Easican, brilliant

charlieb2, May 6, 11:28pm
agree, I've had mine about 15 years. its just starting to get a bit cranky. but still works fine

jag5, May 7, 12:55am
Mine is an Oxo.love it.so easy to use.had it about 12 years.good as gold.

wildflower, May 7, 4:29am
Brabantia, 10 years and going strong.

brish, May 7, 4:40am
I've got a Swing-away, and it's excellent.It's a wall one, manual, with a magnet to hold the lid once cut, and I've had it for years so can't remember where I got it.

winnie231, May 7, 5:54am
I've got a Brabantia & an Easican - both are great.

madmum2, May 7, 6:48am
I have a tupperware can opener.Have had it for aprox 10 years.Excellent.Expensive at the timebut worth every cent.Does not leave any sharp edeges on the lid or the can.

mackenzie2, May 7, 8:32am
Brabantia here to, love it

dalkemade, May 7, 8:34am
Have had a lot of trouble with all types of them. have found the best one is a cheapie bought from Countdown on a card.

jns, May 7, 9:00am
I've got a tupperware one too, had it for years and it's great.

herself, May 7, 9:08am
Also have a tupperware can opener and it is great. Had it for about 8 years and it is as good as the day I got it.

ruby19, May 7, 7:53pm
We have the culinare magican now for approx 10 yrs, still going strong, and not overly expensive, from memory.

rainrain1, May 7, 9:20pm
I have a Swing-A-Way which is the best of my 3 can openers

daisyk, May 8, 12:42am
I have struggled with my tupperware can opener.Had it nearly one year.True, when it does open the tin, there are no sharp edges, and the lid will go back on the can if necessary.But I struggle often to get the opener to open the can.Any hints would be thankfully received.

grandma, May 8, 12:52am
Same as daisyk - it may be the way I am holding it!(It started off really great, but recently I have had some difficulties.)

angie117, May 8, 6:32am
I like the orbi ones.

norse_westie, May 8, 6:51am
Sheesh I used to go through so many and was so frustrated. Finally I bought a $1.95 cheapo from the Warehouse. Six years later and its still going strong and never been a problem.

cookessentials, May 8, 6:38pm
The Orbi ones are also great. I like the Kuhn Rikon or Zyliss because they cut the top off the can and roll the edge of the can and the lid meaning no sharp edges.