Finding fenugreek in Wgtn?

olishea, May 2, 10:49pm
preferably fresh fenugreek leaves or dried somewhere in wellington!
any ideas!

antoniab, May 2, 10:52pm
Our BinnInn sells them dried - called kasoori methi, it is run by Indians though so that may be why (they have an awesome spices selection)!.
If you cant find any let me know and I could put and auction up for you and send some down lol. They are $4 a big box

mwood, May 2, 11:07pm
Qasuri Methi and Kastori Methi are also names for dried Fenugreek leaves although the seeds and powder are usually marketed as Fenugreek. All spice shops will have these.

duckmoon, May 2, 11:37pm
Have you phoned Moore wilsons!

olwen, May 2, 11:59pm
There's an excellent indian shop in Davis Street at Petone

sarahb5, May 3, 12:23am
Can't find any in New Plymouth either - not even at Vetro

sclaredy_cat, May 3, 12:33am
Spice Rack! If so they definitely have fenugreek, I bought some there myself. I tend to do a stocktake before I go - It's also where I get cardomom seed, okra, bulk cinnamon sticks, curry leaves, all sorts of interesting stuff I can't seem to find anywhere else ;)

olishea, May 3, 1:12am
yep i love spice rack, would be nice to find something a little handier to town!

shop-a-holic, May 3, 3:40am
Spice Rack cnr Jackson Street and Fitzherbert in Petone. Fabulous.
It's not the Davis St, one; but worth parking the car inbetween and have a wander :-)

nauru, May 4, 7:41am
Isn'tthere a Moshim's in Newtown, I know my DIL gets her spices etc. there.

jimmy2102, May 4, 7:14pm
Vetro napier has it, they are now doing online sales:-)

olishea, May 5, 6:49am
whoops turns out Moore Wilson's have some. Just ground but that shall do for now!

mwood, May 6, 12:17am
The ground Fenugreek is the seeds ground up - use this as a spice by adding to the mix for taste. The leaves are an aromatic herb - crush and use these as sprinkle on the finished butter chicken for fragrance.
Look for Qasuri Methi or Kastori Methi dried leaves these are the dried green Fenugreek leaf.