Anyone else going!I can't wait!

valentino, May 2, 4:04am
My lady friend is going.

Looking forward to this.

Cheers

valentino, May 2, 4:04am
My lady friend is going.

Looking forward to this.

Editing to add that Mike Hosking is going as well.

Cheers

bambi58, May 2, 4:16am
Ohh I would so love to go!Post all the details please after you've been! He really is a genius!

shop-a-holic, May 2, 4:32am
Will do! Packing my long lenses for cabin baggage.

dancewest, May 2, 6:54am
Am going. Am also trying to see if my contacts will allow me to meet him. I worked at the Aotea for 5 years so it's always possible :)

darlingmole, May 2, 7:48am
who is he!
why is this such a grand event!

elliehen, May 2, 8:44am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heston_Blumenthal

He had a TV series here a while ago with strange, fascinating 'kitchen chemistry' displays.

davidt4, May 2, 9:26am

leebee35, May 2, 9:36am
I can not wait either -I hope we have fab seats.I googled him years ago to check if he was married. coz I thought he might be the one.sadly he is married!lol

motorbo, May 2, 10:00am
oh please post afterwards to tell us what it was like im loving his show on tv here atm

2young1, May 5, 9:52pm
any good!

dancewest, May 5, 10:05pm
Teas amazing. Only wish I had been closer to try his Queen of Hearts Peiti Four. However, I was surrounded by the Masterchef contestants.

shop-a-holic, May 6, 2:56am
Just got back to Wellington and having a cup of tea.I'm no fun flying with a slight hangover. Roughly, there were $100 seats; $200 and $300. The poor people in the $300 seats gained no benefits from the other seat costs.Vast majority of the action was for the customers of stalls/floor seats. Food Truck TV peeps were in the $300 seats; me $200 per head and were further away.I'm not complaining; however, these additional costs are not justifiable.
Will post pics, when I come back from the kennels.
Love to all!

shop-a-holic, May 6, 2:58am
PS: Nice to see decent Sauvignon Blanc offered at half time. Dog Point! (Suitably impressed).

leebee35, May 6, 7:50am
It was great -he took us on his journey from his start-up with the Fat Duck, where and how he got his passion and innovation from.Lots of interaction and selection of audience -I screamed so loud he still didnt pick me.I loved the detail on the mock turtle soup, snail porridge, the sound of the sea, the famous fob watch.edible sand. just to name a few.If you have watched his series.you will know what I am talking about.

Only negative is the goof ball -Mike Hosking was the host.He was the wrong person in my view.I would have rather seen someone like Simon Gault, Ray McVinnie orJosh Emett.

holly-rocks, May 6, 8:47am
Oh my goodness.Im so jealous!

winnie231, May 6, 9:23am
Oh how I wished . but on the wrong star apparently!
The man is a genius in the true meaning of the word & I admire him for his tenacity in the face of the countless times he has been told "it can't be done"!
Sigh - I'll just have to fly out to see him in the UK once my lotto numbers come in lol ;)

deus701, May 6, 9:39am
For a taste of heston's food.maybe you can try the restaurant Food Embassy at Waiheke. The chef used to work for heston.

valentino, May 6, 7:50pm
Nah, Simon would had tried to get some limelight, whereas Mike did his job, a couple of youngsters were on stage and Mike did the right thing by allowing the microphone go near the action and one could hear what was going on. c/o friend comments.

She felt the whole show was excellent and yes, agreed with comments of wanting to be up there, oh to be in the front row or so and not sitting next to a couple of smelling people (won't mention their race though).

Cheers.