Raglan.

eurika, Apr 23, 12:58am
Hello.going to head over to Raglan tomorrow, haven't been there for about 30 years.Any particular cafe/area/shops that you enjoyed!Looking forward to the day.

quiz3, Apr 23, 7:22am
Fron what I have read about Raglan I don't think you will have any problems finding somewhere to eat etc. The houses are all pretty much spread out, maybe just one town centre.
We are heading up there next summer for a week. I have been doing my homework, sounds like a beaut place to wander around and explore.

Have fun, enjoy!

jimmy2102, Apr 23, 8:21am
Tony Sly the potter is there and he often has some seconds for cheap, you wouldnt know and its georgous stuff.

mamaa, Apr 23, 8:53am
Try a drink in the Pub,a real icon,not many like that around anymore.

bodnz, Apr 23, 6:09pm
`pop into the pink palace (a pink cottage at the top of the town by the vet)- and say "hi" to local artist robert currie, - visit the wharf, - 'orca' (cafe/restaurant/bar) nice for sea view while u have your coffee or lunch, - walk over the new foot-bridge to kopua, - visit'inspirational point' at karioi lodge (whale bay) viewing platform for great views, - you will enjoy seeing the windfarm as you drive out to raglan, - enjoy - oh and raglan west dairy is cool to pop into if you need to pop in somewhere to grab a quick refreshment.

eurika, Apr 23, 7:17pm
Hi.just jotting down these places mentioned, thanks for your input.must get cracking, cheers.

goodbooks, Apr 24, 4:09am
Start at one cafe and work your way down the street. one for lunch, another for dinner, etc. how long are you staying. you might need a while.

clair4, Apr 24, 7:14am
Fish and Chips at the camping ground.So Yummy.

clair4, Apr 24, 7:15am
Walk over the new bridge and the camping ground is just there.Lovely on a nice sunny day.Seats on the grass are supplied, and the fish is fresh.

eurika, Apr 26, 1:55am
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves the few hours we were there.Had a bite to eat at a cafe, called into the Pink Cottage, saw the wind farm, the new footbridge, chatted to locals, the potter, was given some feijoas from a dear ladyand visited the hotel. The footbridge blends in with the new paua colours.Took photos and have 3 blended into 1 panoramic photo taken by the museum.Thanks Raglan keep it as it is. We'll be back

bodnz, Apr 26, 3:41am
hi eurika - i am so pleased you'v come in to let us know how your day went - i was hoping you would :) - great! you had a neat day !

gerry64, Apr 26, 3:58am
would love to share your photos eurika - such a special place -homesick!

moore., May 5, 8:47am
Raglan Roll Ups , lovely kebabs / smoothies/ ice creams.