Kaffir lime leaves

zuggle, Apr 15, 9:53am
Any quick way known of chopping them other than processor, please! Even though I removed the central vein, my pieces were still not chopped finely enough tonight, although the Fragrant Lemongrass fish was awesome!

evorotorua, Apr 15, 6:11pm
I have never used them myself but I have seen Jamie Oliver use them and he suggests freezing them when you have too many. That made me think that maybe chopping while frozen may help you. Not sure sorry but maybe someone else can help.

korbo, Apr 15, 7:52pm
Zuggle, i purchased a pair of cutting scissors especially made with 5 blades for cutting parsely/chives etc. they may work.
have you a recipe for a red curry dish!

slp123, Apr 16, 12:02am
put lot together and roll them long way, now easy for fine chop!

zuggle, Apr 16, 9:46am
Thanks everyone. Yes Korbo - there is a so-delish recipe in Alison Holst's Crockpot and Slow Cookers book with the red cover. Called Easy Red Chicken Curry - title is a bit misleading, takes a while to prepare but if you do it on a day you don't want to hurry, it is soooooo worth it.

korbo, Apr 16, 7:33pm
thank you for the; info, pretty sure I have that book.
suddenly we have both developed a liking for thai curry dishes.

magenta, Apr 16, 9:35pm
You can substitute lemon grass for Kaffir lime leaves.I have planted two trees and see that I have some new leaves on them.I feel a curry coming soon.

dreamers, Apr 17, 6:25am
Are you able to post the recipe please!

krazy_kat, Apr 17, 7:38am
I chuck them in whole and fish them out when I serve, far easier!

luluweezie, Apr 17, 7:38am
I just use whole leaves, like Bay leaves, and pluck them out before serving. I bruise them with the back of a big knife first so more of the flavour seeps out while it's all cooking.