Uses for Ricotta

catlover28, Apr 16, 11:19pm
I made a some ricotta as Im learning cheesemaking. What are some some nice things I can use it in!

andrea09, Apr 16, 11:22pm
pop it in a pumpkin or spinach cannelloni-yum!

lilyfield, Apr 17, 12:05am
topping for baked potatoe

use instead of butter on sandwiches

mwood, Apr 17, 12:58am
Toast topped withtomato slices, ricotta, basil, cracked pepper also use to make gnocchi

jbsouthland, Apr 17, 2:36am
This .got it froma thread about Silverbeet usesin General .its sooo yummmmy !

Ricotta and Silverbeet Lasagne

1kg silverbeet, trimmed3 eggs, beaten lightly
400g ricotta cheese¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
3 spring onions, finely chopped1½ cups pasta sauce
1 package chilled lasagne sheets1 cup grated cheese

Boil or steam silverbeet until just wilted. Drain. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the silverbeet, then chop coarsely. In a bowl combine; egg, ricotta, parmesan and spring onion. Mix together then stir through the silverbeet. Spread half the pasta sauce over the base of a shallow, oiled baking dish. (Mine measures 34x 27cm) Cover with lasagne sheets trimmed to fit, then top with ⅓ of the silverbeet mixture. Repeat layering, ending with the top being a bare layer of the lasagne sheets. Top with the rest of the pasta sauce; sprinkle the cup of cheese over. Cover dish with foil and bake in moderate oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 20 minutes or until nicely browned.

miri_s, Apr 17, 2:57am
You'll find lots of recipes for Ricotta Cheesecakes online.

a_n_h, Apr 17, 8:09pm
There is a recipe on HFG that uses ricotta on a home made pizza using wholemeal pitas as a base.

margyr, Apr 18, 6:54am
i used to make tons of these when at the cafe, I used flaked potato but you could use proper ones, spuds, onion, garlic, salt/pepper, spinach and ricotta then I piped it onto savoury pastry and rolled like a sausage roll cut into lengths and baked till golden, served these with a salad and plum sauce. Sorry I cant give quantities as I made the mix up by the bucket full, if I were to make them at home I would just go by taste.

willyow, Apr 19, 11:07pm
Sprinkle a littlefine vanilla sugar over it and eat it - fabulous!

jimmy2102, Apr 20, 10:01am
I make a vege lasagne with layers of sliced roasted pumpkin, sliced portabello mushroom fried with thyme and garlic, wilted spinich and nutmeg.
Put some ricotta between vege and lasagne sheets top with bechamel and parmesan. Beauty.