Allyson Gofton is so lovely

griffo4, Mar 25, 12:32am
l got to see her do a demo at the Kaipara Kai and Fun festival yesterday and then l was talking to her afterwards and she is such a down to earth friendly lady
She did a great demo with no microphone which she needed because of loud music but she soldiered on and made light of the noise
She also introduced her children and hubby such a lovely family and she said they are heading to France to live for a year so it will be interesting to see if a book comes out of it and she said they are talking of another Country Calendar book

korbo, Mar 25, 3:01am
yes, I saw her in Havelock Nth on thursday. she is an amazing storyteller and great entertainer. She didnt actually cook anything, but that didnt matter, she had food for us to try.
Lucky family going to france. her children and husband are lovely.

griffo4, Mar 25, 7:39am
Yes she told us about her demo down there and something about the power/fuse! going out and so she talked for 1 1/2 hrs as she couldn't cook anything
They travelled back to Auckland Friday then up to Dargaville on Saturday
Such a livewire as well

lythande1, Dec 1, 6:16am
Really. I just heard her, promoting a recipe on that show say".that I call bang Bang chicken.
Does she now.
It's a chinese dish, been around for ages.
It's one thing to make it, even amend it, but to claim it as her own!

vintagekitty, Dec 1, 6:24am
lythande1 wrote:
Really. I just heard her, promoting a recipe on that show say".that I call bang Bang chicken.
Does she now.
It's one thing to make it, even amend it, but to claim it as her own![/

thats Annabel Laingbein durrr

vintagekitty, Dec 1, 6:24am
lythande1 wrote:
Does she now.
It's one thing to make it, even amend it, but to claim it as her own![/

thats Annabel Laingbein durrr, on at the mo with the bang bang chicken.

redhead96, Dec 1, 6:27am
Annabel is lovely too.

davidt4, Dec 1, 7:28am
My impression is that she claims everything as her own.She shows no respect for other cultures, nor for her audience.

griffo4, Dec 1, 7:40pm
l have to say l struggle with Annabel L there is something that doesn't feel right, maybe it's just me
Her butter cookies is almost word for word a recipe l got out of a recipe book in the 90's it just has a different name and l see it on here called Many biscuits etc

elliehen, Dec 1, 9:55pm
All recipes everywhere are almost word-for-word from somewhere else, with just an insignificant tweak or two.There are only so many variations on basic ingredients ;)

griffo4, Dec 2, 8:15pm
yes l understand that elliehen but it is the way some people "imply" they have made this recipe
As they say there is nothing new under the sun ;-)

elliehen, Dec 2, 10:13pm
I suppose it's a question of streamlining, and "clutter" in the world of the celebrity cook.I think we are meant to assume the disclaimer that nothing is new under the sun.

Once the recipe is tweaked and published in a book, it really does become the recipe of Annabel or Alison, and to constantly refer to the long history of a particular recipe (even if it could be untangled and attributed) would bog the viewer or reader down.

I have recently read a long history of the recipe for Spanish Cream, written by an eminent New Zealand food historian.Towards the end of the evolution of a recipe it is in a sort of "no man's land".

bedazzledjewels, Dec 2, 10:16pm
Food history is rather interesting. A chef who definitely takes something old and turns it on it's head is Heston!

elliehen, Dec 2, 10:25pm
You might enjoy this NZ website, BJ :)

http://nzfoodhistory.macmate.me/NZ_Food_History/Home.html