Mandolin Brands

wineo, Jan 11, 8:46pm
Isaw a thread here recently cant seem to find no matter what I put into keyword section,help please, wanting to purchasr a good quality one. Also where on North Shore would I be likely to purchase one. thanx

cookessentials, Jan 11, 8:51pm
Mastrad which is a very good one, made in France is around $79.95. Homestore in Milford Mall should have them or can get them. Zyliss also do a good one, it is around $123 andto be honest, the Mastrad mandoline is just as good, if not better. it has a number of different blades and adjustable thickneser. This youtube clip will give you an idea of how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=UmHoRmVI9No

wineo, Jan 11, 9:01pm
Thanx somuch both of you off to Milford Mall I go want to make red cabbage pickle today do not fancy slicing a 4kg cabbage by hand thanx again

cookessentials, Jan 11, 9:16pm
You are very welcome

eastie3, Jan 11, 9:31pm
I saw them in Stevens last week,can't remember the brand but certainly less expensive than both brands mentioned here.I have a Mastrad and it's excellent.

wineo, Jan 11, 9:34pm
Thanx Eastie I saw those also, I make jams, pickles,chutneys for a living and have always hand sliced, I did not think they were strong enough so it will have to be a good strong one to replace my hand cutting

cookessentials, Jan 11, 10:02pm
probably Stevens on "copycat" They do this with alot of cookware.take a great brand, have it copied and made in China with the Stevens brand on the front. Salter scales are case in point.they look the same, but sadly, they aint.

eastie3, Jan 12, 1:28am
One of them was an Oxo Good Grips I think.I didn't know about the Salter scales though.

cookessentials, Jan 12, 1:31am
Oxo are pretty good too,although Mastrad is excellent, they do some great products.