Polenta

mike590, Jan 9, 4:50am
whats a good way to cook it!

cookessentials, Jan 9, 4:53am
Here is the italian way to do it.
http://www.mangiabenepasta.com/polenta_cooking.html

lodgelocum, Jan 9, 8:09am
I can't find polenta in the supermarket, tried both Pak n Save and Countdown, presume it is in the baking aisle.Wanting to try an Annabel L recipe.

cookessentials, Jan 9, 8:11am
Usually along with the pastas if I remember rightly

lodgelocum, Jan 9, 8:13am
OK thanks, will have another look tomorrow.

sjsastar, Jan 9, 9:04am
try the imported foods section of the supermarket.Specialty food stores always have it.Ensure you get the instant polenta

richard198, Jan 9, 11:40pm
It's much more tasty if made with stock instead of water!

lodgelocum, Jan 10, 2:13am
I am going to use it for Polenta Pastry and make mini tarts out of it, filled with lemon curd.Thought it might make a nice change from my usual pastry tarts.

sagenthyme, Jan 10, 7:09am
Anyone have the recipe for Polenta Chips! Plaese :-)

jennyp2, Jan 10, 8:48am
Jo Seagars recipe is tops. I get my instant polenta from the couscous area in New World and here is how Jo makes it.800 ml milk, 200 ml cream, 1tspsea salt, 1 tsp gr wh pepper, 1 cup instant polenta, 1 cup grated parmesan, 50 g butter.
Heat milk and cream together until just about to boil.Add salt and pepper and pour in polenta while you stir continuously. Continue stirring as it thickens. Reduce the heat and keep stirring for 3 - 4 mins. Add parmesan and butter and stir til melted and it looks like porrige! Yum
Leftovers can be poured into a pan to set, cut into wedges and panfried until golden, even yummier!. Thanks to Jo Seagar