I'm so gutted with myself I have a brand new

andee21, Jan 6, 9:26pm
kitchen with a lovely new oven, I tried to remove a sticker from the glass door and I have scratched it! Why oh why do they put stickers on everything that are almost impossible to get off! I feel so stupid.and now I have to live with the scratches.unless anyone has any ideas how I could remove them!

katalin2, Jan 6, 9:31pm
This won't help you now, but oil of eucalyptus is great for removing those horrible sticky labels. From supermarket of chemist. The one thing you could do is go back to the manufacturers and see if they will provide a new door.

toadfish, Jan 6, 9:32pm
Why don't you try the ceramic cleaner that comes with the hobs.I used that last weekend to polish glass shower doors and I know it has taken smallish scratches off my ceramic hob.Their are also other Automotive cut and polish kits. but I think start with the kitchen one first.

Too late now but dissolve it or Eucalyptus Oil would have been the way to go for the stickers.

Good Luck.let us know how you get on.

andee21, Jan 6, 9:41pm
Thanks for that idea.I just gave my ceramic top cleaner to my sister as it has gas hobs, but I will borrow it back today and give it a shot. Fingers crossed.wish me luck. I hate to imagine how much it will cost for a new glass door.grrr

toadfish, Jan 6, 9:45pm
Just Googled and found this. can you put your fingernail in the scratch!Have a read through it.
http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-scratches-from-glass/

rainrain1, Jan 7, 5:08am
You need to cut and polish.can't remember the name of stuff to use sorry.A car painters would know

dollmakernz, Jan 7, 6:23am
Contact your local glass shop, they can remove scratches. I spent a fortune on glass doll eyes and scratched one of them as I tried to put them in the porcelain doll. They did a great job and I got them back like new!

andrew499, Jan 7, 8:19am
i hope i'm completely wrong here, but a new glass may be required.a friend of mine's oven door exploded in the small hours one morning, and she was told it happened because she had scratched the glass door with a ring.i'm afraid that experience would make me paranoid about scratched glass oven doors.

fifie, Jan 7, 9:47am
Wasn'ta fisher and paykel oven was it! My oven door glass exploded in my face was about 6 weeks old, and hadn't been scratched with anything, what a frightening experience that was, and we didn't get to eat the sunday roast lol. Poster#1 i'd be getting a new glass, hope i'm wrong but wouldn't trust it now with a scratch in it especially if its a F/P made in mexico.

mothergoose_nz, Jan 7, 10:38am
this is what you need. 438096048. you dont use a cutting agent like for painting.have done some research as we would like a windscreen done.cant find anyone to do it proffessionally this stuff is what is used when polishing rocks. cerium oxide

shop-a-holic, Jan 7, 12:00pm
We don't know the make of the oven. Size or model.
We don't know what damage has been sustained.
ANY ADVICE taken on this thread or products used, could null and void a Consumer Contract.
So before all the drama happens, the owner should seeks advice from the retailer.

andrew499, Jan 7, 8:22pm
Hi fifie.Yes, it was an F and P oven.it was quite traumatic for her, as like me, she is totally blind.

fifie, Jan 7, 8:45pm
Not good Andrew for your friend,understand it being traumatic for her. From memory it was on fair go a while ago as people were having trouble getting replacements, took me ages fighting for a new oven didn't get it either, but they did give me a new door N/Charge.
Only thing that saved my eyes was i wear glasses and the minute i opened the door it exploded up in my face and the lens saved my eyes, went all through my hair an absolute nightmare. Will never have another of their products, just dumped a fridge of theirs, 5 yrs old totally stuffed we were told by the refrigeration guys, but thats another story.

pickles7, Jan 7, 11:56pm
We bought a new dishwasher last year. It was reduced as it was the end of a line. One of my concerns was the warranty. Even after the warranty has expired, I was assured that if it needed to be repaired in its 7th year, and no new parts were available, the Manufacturers would then have to replace it with a new model.

hawki1, Jan 8, 3:18am
CGA only says repair or replace at their discretion. At 7 yrs old, if they are reputable, they will probably offer a discount off a newer model.Google Consumer Gaurantees Act for exact wording. However if you bought a warranty this is different and you are rightto expect a replacement.

hawki1, Jan 8, 3:19am
Go to your insurance company, they may cover accidental damage

gabbysnana, Jan 8, 4:59am
Laughs at warranty , makes no difference dude the appliance is guaranteed by the CGA for its lifetime. After 12 months the manufacturer is responsible for replacing or refunding even at the 7 year mark.

tommydog, Jan 9, 5:27am
Would never buy F&P I feel bad for saying that as I like to support NZ brands but I had a F&P fridge in the early 90's the themostat went in the first twomonths and the vegetable compartment always froze my veges.My brother had one of those terrible Dishdrawers had another friend who had another bad dishwasher of theirs and we are renting a house at the moment that has a F&P Dishwasher and it never washes the dishes properly drives me nuts so would never again buy anything made by them.