Brandy Baskets

jcsolgier, Dec 22, 2:17am
Hi everyone!
Just wondering if anyone has a brandy basket recipe! Doing them for christmas lunch. I did a search but could not seem to find any, my Edmonds cookbook is ancient and does not have a recipe for them. Thanks in advance

biglou, Dec 22, 2:51am
http://recipefinder.msn.co.nz/recipes/taste/766741/brandy-snap-baskets. This is the first time I have tried to post a link so hope it works. Easy recipe!

jcsolgier, Dec 22, 3:03am
ooh they look delicious. Thinking of filling half of them with cream and berries, the other half with Lemon curd. I like the idea of ginger in them though, any more tried and tested recipes!

illusion_, Dec 22, 3:22am
cheap as chips at your local s/market

there are some things I find just more bother than theyre worth

cloudberry, Dec 22, 3:24am
It works if you remove the full stop at the end.

jcsolgier, Dec 22, 3:30am
illusion_ wrote:
cheap as chips at your local s/market

there are some things I find just more bother than theyre worth[/quote

We have always used the store bought ones, but was thinking the homemade ones might be nicer for a special occasion

illusion_, Dec 22, 3:44am
fair enough

gardie, Dec 22, 3:51am
To make it easier to shape them, turn your muffin tins over, spray the bottoms and shape them over the bottom of each tin.Love the chocolate on them idea.I do love homemade ones but I find the fuss just doesn't warrant it at this time of year.

jcsolgier, Dec 22, 4:20am
But then again, I have only tried store bought - do the home made ones taste any different!

kinna54, Dec 22, 5:00am
yes! they are not as hard, and not made with as much treacle or molasses, i find they are more chewy. mind you I have only tried the rosedale bought ones, they were like rocks.

guest, Dec 23, 12:22am
Pop into your local countdown and buy Lincoln Bakery brandy snaps or baskets they are simply superb!!