Ambrosia with grapes

tokokkk, Dec 19, 8:18am
Which flavoured yoghurt would be best to use and what is the cream/yoghurt ratio. Thanks.

bisloy, Dec 19, 8:31am
Any berry flavoured fruit, but be careful about what other 'sweet' you add - marshmellow, choc chips, etc. I usually use 1kg unsweetened yog to 500ml cream, then add marshmellows and drained boysenberries. I tasted one with grapes once and it was really nice. I'm guessing 1kg berry flavoured yog, less cream ! maybe 350ml! Trying to remember . . . . grapes, of course and I think choc chips (not buttons, they're too big) and maybe some marshmellows.
My one I leave in the fridge for a few hours so the marshmellows start to melt, but the grape one could be eaten straight away.
Either way, yummy!

gardie, Dec 19, 8:40am
1kg berry yoghurt, 300mls whipped cream, 1 packet marshmallows.Combine then store in fridge for a couple of hours before using.

elliehen, Dec 19, 8:43am
Americans serve a creamy 'side' with their turkey - a mix of whipped cream, mini-marshmallows, chopped walnuts and sour cranberries.

tokokkk, Dec 19, 8:44am
thankyou so much i wasn't sure whether to use a berry yoghurt with grapes when most recipes say to put berries with berry yoghurt.

treeop2, Dec 19, 8:50am
i make this all the time, and skip the berries

500g greek yoghurt (fnf)
small bottle cream (whipped)
2 flakes
enough seedless grapes chopped in half
bag of marshmallows (marshies chopped in half)

very decadent and very bad for your waistline!

skydancing, Dec 19, 8:52am
We leave ours overnight so that the marshmallows are really gooey! Mine is yoghurt (usually strawberry), whipped cream, small tin of crushed pineapple drained really really well and heaps of marshmallows. Putting the pineapple in (unsweetened) stops it being toooo sweet lol. Well thats my reasoning.

bisloy, Dec 19, 8:53am
Nonesense treeop2! All the goodness of whole milk, fruit and vegetables - chocolate is a vegetable (or maybe a fruit!) so make sure you get your 5+ a day!

diave, Dec 19, 8:58am
Hi - For Ambrosa - I use 3/4 litre of Peach & pashionfruit yoghart and
300 mls cream lightly beaten.Add strawberries (1 punnet) 1 tin pinnapple, 1/2 packet marshmallows, Add 2 Bannas prior to serving.Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Enjoy.

ant_sonja, Dec 19, 9:12am
Haven't made this in ages but oh so yum: 1 kg plain yogurt, 300-400ml cream, whipped with vanilla extract, fresh (or tinned) berries of your choice (and/or cherries, yum!), lots of marshmallows and I like to add a packet of red jelly crystals and just lightly mix them through, keep some back to sprinkle over the top - chill well (overnight is good) and enjoy once in a blue moon :-)

ankmika, Dec 21, 8:07pm
I always use apricot yoghurt,cream,marshmallows and berry's.