Those silver balls for decorating.

kenny92, Dec 11, 6:44am
I'm making Xmas themed cup cakes later this week and thought those little silver ball things (can't remember what they are called!) might look good on them. I just want to know what they are like to bite into! Being of an age to have a mouth full of fillings I don't really want any dental expenses over Xmas! Thanks.

rainrain1, Dec 11, 6:53am
they could break a tooth actually, we were talking about that very same thing today, as i have put some on some star shaped biscuits.
Try dunking your cupcake :-)))

auntlb, Dec 11, 6:55am
Cachous can be bought in silver as well as gold, red and green.The do have a crunch to them!Other thoughts for decorating could be jaffas with green mint leaves - or one of my kids favourites is the Hansells "Pinkalicious" sprinkles - strawberry flavoured sugar crystals sprinkled over icing.

cookessentials, Dec 11, 7:47am

fec2003, Dec 11, 8:48am
slightly off topic . but you reminded me of a Christmas joke!

It's Christmas Eve, back in the UK. Down on the farm, Mother was decorating the Christmas cake. She had forgotten to buy any decorations for the top so, looking to improvise, asked Father what he could think of. He went out to the barn and came back with a handful of ball-bearings. "They're washed, they're clean; just warn people NOT to eat 'em", he said.

Mother made a pretty decoration on top of the snowy-white icing and was proud of her efforts. Next day, the cake was cut and the warning issued to NOT eat the silver balls.

Grandma was a little 'hard of hearing'. Toothless, she chomped down on three slices of cake, thoroughly enjoying the rich flavour. She didn't even notice the balls.

Later that evening, she was feeling cool, so decided to tend the fire. Bending over, she farted . . . and shot the cat, three times!

*hides!* :D

elliehen, Dec 11, 8:57am
Will excuse the hoary joke only because of your involvement with this:
www.projectkereru.org.nz

rubyjane11, Dec 11, 8:39pm
teeth shattering horrible things

rainrain1, Dec 11, 9:19pm
haha.the belly rules the mind

pheebs1, Dec 12, 12:36am
my 5 year old broke her molar on one at a party several trips to dentist and a root canal, loads of tears later
soooooooooooooooo not worth it

try butter cream and shaved chocolate anything but those teeth brakers

whitehead., Dec 12, 4:46am
thanks for the laugh

retired, Dec 12, 5:41am
Used to call them dragees.Think that's how they are spelt!

kenny92, Dec 12, 8:36am
Thanks for the replies, I will definately not be using cachous now! will go for jaffas, either chopped or whole on top.

rainrain1, Dec 12, 9:19am
why don't you use those rainbow strands, they are xmasy