Dips

sailor13, Nov 25, 11:26pm
Dips for work do to night

goldgurl, Nov 25, 11:28pm
cool - enjoy lol.

elliehen, Nov 26, 12:02am
Put 'dips' into the search bar at top left, tick 'Last year' for date posted and you'll find lots more.

rchelley, Nov 26, 12:16am
This is an Alison Holst recipe - we have used it for years and it always disappears super fast - serve with crackers, cucumber, celery and carrot sticks.

Herbed cream cheese pate:

100 g soft butter
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)
1/2 cup chopped parsley
250g cream cheese
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp milk

In food processor : Cream soft but not melted butter. Add ingredients one at a time in the given order beating after each addition.

otterhound, Nov 26, 1:55am
A tin of salmon (drained) and a carton of lite cream cheese, and lemon juice to taste.Really yummy - don't even need anything to dip into it except fingers!=)

elliehen, Nov 26, 2:46am
Watch out for the health hazards of double-dippers.I arrived late at a party and should have avoided the much-dipped-into dips, but didn't.

kinna54, Nov 26, 3:49am
Yes same! I watched a programme on tv the other day where they used up the left over cheeseboard. Hmmm.Okay if it's being cooked at a high temp. .but otherwise.
Suggestion: Make the cheese ball, where they have to use the knife and spread their own crackers!
for the littlies I make the cracker caterpillar, where they have to pick up the cracker and spread together.

kinna54, Nov 26, 3:54am
Cheese and cracker caterpillar.

Cheese ball:

250g cream cheese
1 cup grated cheese
2 TBSPS crushed pineapple
1 TBSP tomato sauce* *replace with 1TBSP sherry for adults**
1 TBSP chopped parsley

Mix together all ingredients, and refrigerate until firm.
To assemble, mould the mixture into
several small balls, reserving some mixture to spread to assemble the crackers for the body.

Use the same recipe for a large cheese ball, just roll the mix in the nuts serve with a cracker selection on the side.

chrisynz, Nov 26, 7:25pm
Thai pumpkin Dip

one pkt of pumpkin and roast garlic soup mix
1 can reduced cream
1 tsp of thai spice (masterfoods)
lime juice

mix together and enjoy - u can add more thai spice if u wish.according to taste

kiwitrish, Nov 26, 9:56pm
This is a great dip to serve with fresh fruit platter.
Baileys Dip
200g Cream Cheese ( I use less it isn't exact)
1 small Fresh & Fruity Yoghurt, I use either Strawberry or
Cherry
A good splodge of Baileys
Just blitz until you get the right consistency.

otterhound, Nov 27, 12:37am
Just in case anyone thinks I was serious - that comment was meant for when it's just you eating it . which I've been known to do!

rainrain1, Nov 27, 1:45am
Good Taste brand from New World supermarkets, Chilli and Cashews if you don't want to make your own, , most delicious dip I've tasted in a long while

elliehen, Nov 27, 2:11am
Of course, otterhound, I realised you were talking about your own personal mix.We all lick our fingers and some even plates!I just went one step further and recalled an unhappy double-dipping experience.

Nothing wrong with your own double-dipping ;)

puss-n-boots, Nov 27, 2:54am
A pottle of sour cream and about a tsp of brown sugar is lovely with fresh in season fruit i.e. strawberries, sliced apricots, pineapple, etc.If you don't want your fruit to go brown dip into lemon juice immediately after cutting.

kinna54, Nov 27, 7:03am
Yum. I love that mix with natural yoghurtwith passion fruit pulp stirred thru as well

kinna54, Nov 26, 3:54am
Cheese and cracker caterpillar.

Cheese ball:

250g cream cheese
1 cup grated cheese
2 TBSPS crushed pineapple
1 TBSP tomato sauce* *replace with 1TBSP sherry for adults**
1 TBSP chopped parsley

Mix together all ingredients, and refrigerate until firm.
To assemble, mould the mixture into
a small ball for the head, reserving some mixture to spread to assemble the crackers for the body.
use spring onion curls for the caterpillar feelers, piece of shaped capsicum for eyes and mouth .
For the body, spread the remaimning mix between the crackers and assemble in a long row, behind the caterpillars head.

**Use the same recipe for an adult large cheese ball, just roll the mix into 1 large ball shape, roll into chopped nuts, refrigerate well.Serve with a cracker selection on the side.

bev00, Nov 26, 11:36am
Dips to go .