Help please.I need to make a

macmar, Nov 22, 7:15pm
plate of 'finger food' for tomorrow which needs to be a slice or similar and needs to look 'christmassy' - any ideas please!Many thanks

kassie48, Nov 22, 7:19pm
Bite size shortbread & decorate with green & red leaves (like Holly)

kiwitrish, Nov 22, 7:20pm
How about some mince pies.

bumblebee13, Nov 22, 7:50pm
truffles are always good

macmar, Nov 22, 7:54pm
All good ideas thank you:)

lilyfield, Nov 22, 8:01pm
green and red sandwiches, tiny tomatoes filled with mashed spiced peas

rainrain1, Nov 22, 8:04pm
Make a favourite slice, ice with white icing and sprinkle with red and green sprinkles or jelly crystals

boxsters3, Nov 23, 4:52am
if you google 'white christmas slice' you should get lots of recipes. This is an uncooked slice. Here is a recipe from 'Fresh in the Kitchen'

3 cups rice bubbles
1/2 cup coconut
¾ cup icing sugar
3/4 cup mixed dried fruit
1/2 cup green or red glace cherries
1 cup skim milk powder
250g Kremelta (white vegetable shortening or copha)

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.

Add fruit and coconut

Add melted Kremelta.

Combine well.

Press into a foil-lined swiss roll tin. Refrigerate and cut into Christmas Tree triangles when set. decorate with Christmas red and green as desired: silver sugar balls, red ball jaffas, mint leaves, lollies etc. Box up in tissue and Christmas wrap for a special home-made festive gift.

macmar, Nov 23, 8:31pm
Awesome - thank you so much:)

nzl99, Nov 23, 9:06pm
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php!fbid=2709462655536&l=719a0733f6

These have been selling really well.Sorry no recipe, but just make a basic slice base, add dried cranberries and pistachios. lime icing.

riversdale28, Nov 23, 9:26pm
packet of mallowpuffs.melted white choc on top.then place 2 spearmint leaves lollies in the white choc and a jaffa in the middle.

sarahb5, Nov 23, 9:42pm
I have to take a plate to a Christmas function on Sunday so I'm going to give Nigella's chocolate fudge a go and add some cranberries as well as the pistachios to make it a bit more Christmassy

pheebs1, Nov 23, 10:29pm
yes i made this last week!
so so good
i must say it was more like chocolate than fudge so i wondered if i should have cooked it a bit longer, its was set but soft
a bit like the fudge you buy in the fudge farm

i made her chocolate croissants too
dust with icing sugar
people thought i was sooooo fancy but it was such a cheat
puff pastry in a triangle
chocolate drops inside, roll from the widest part down to the smallest part of the triangle
brush with egg cook 10-15
dust with icing sugar
they look devine and taste even better!

lisabayaud, Nov 24, 12:43am
I make pastry christmas stars.Very easy yet look flash and taste great.

Get a sheet of puff pastry, and cut it into four squares.In each square put a teaspoon or 2 of fruit mince (you buy it in a container at the supermarket) directly in the centre.Make a cut in each corner, that goes from the corner into nearly the centre, just by the mince.Fold just on halfof each corner in to the middle, on top on the mince, making a star shape.Put a glazed cherry on top of the bit where all the corners come into the centre.This stops the star from opening during baking.Bake at 180 degrees celcius for about 10 mins or until pastry looks golden and ready.Cool down and serve dusted with icing sugar if you wish.:-)

lisabayaud, Nov 24, 12:46am
Another we make (even easier) is apricot and coconut truffles.

In a bowl put one can of condensed milk, 1 bag of chopped apricots and nearly 1 bag of descicatted coconut (save some for after).(apricot and coconut small bags approx 250g.Just the standard size in the supermarket).

Mix all together and form into small truffle size balls, and then roll in the extra coconut and store in fridge.Super yummy but look flash!

pheebs1, Nov 25, 12:56am
can you post a photo! love to see what they look like sounds a nice idea

griffo4, Nov 25, 2:25am
Here is the recipe that is close to the pic posted up the page but you could put in cranberries instead of apricots
l haven't been able to find the Arnotts rice cookies so haven't made this recipe yet
Does anyone know where to get them from please or what could l use instead!

Apricot and pistachio slice
2 x 200g Arnotts Rice cookies, roughly crushed
1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
200g dried apricots, roughly chopped (could use cranberries instead)
1/2 can condensed milk
125g butter, melted
120g pistachios

Icing
2 tablespoons butter, melted
zest of one lemon or lime
2 cups icing sugar
2 teaspoons each of lemon/lime juice, water, ( a little more water may be required)
2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
20g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped

Line a 32cm x 21cm baking dish with baking paper
place the crushed rice cookies into a large mixing bowl
Add the coconut, apricots/cranberries, condensed milk, butter and pistachio nuts
Mix until combined
Spread the mix over the base of the baking dish and refrigerate
To make the icing, place the butter, zest, icing sugar, lemon/lime juice and water in a bowl and mix together until combined
Add a little extra water if the icing smooth
Spread the cicng over the biscuit base and sprinkle with coconut and pistachio nuts
Cut into squares
You could sprinkle some cranberries on top as well to make it look Chrismassy