What can l do with Manchego, pecorino & taleggio

griffo4, Nov 20, 5:49am
l went a bit mad today and brought these 3 cheeses and then l got home and thought now what do l do with them!
Any thoughts please or can l just eat them like normal cheese!
TIA

southerngurl, Nov 20, 5:51am
3 cheese sauce.

elliehen, Nov 20, 7:11am
Three minutes of Rick Stein showing you how to make a pecorino carbonara!

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=t1cUwX4Xzt0

elliehen, Nov 20, 7:15am
Jamie tells you how to use the manchego in a tapas feast :)

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recipes/tapas-feast-tortilla-glazed-chorizo-manc

elliehen, Nov 20, 7:19am
FInally, an easy Quesadilla.apparently asparagus and taleggio cheese are made for each other and you can substitute that for the spinach.

Easy Spinach and Taleggio Cheese Quesadilla Recipe

makes 1 quesadilla

1 eight inch flour or wheat tortillas
1 oz taleggio cheese (substitute with fontina or brie)
1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves loosely packed
1/4teaspoon olive oil
Sea sat

Lay out a tortilla on a work surface. Trim away the rind of the cheese, and cut into into small pieces. Put the cheese pieces all over one half of the quesadilla. Place spinach leaves on top of the cheese. Fold over the other half to form a half moon shaped quesadilla.

Heat a non stick pan on medium heat, drizzle a little oil. Place the folded quesadillas in the pan, and cook on medium heat for 1 minute or till the tortilla is light brown and cheese is just about to melt. Turn the quesadilla over and lightly brown the other side, about 45 seconds. Dont over cook the tortillas, the cheese will get oily.

Cut into wedges and sprinkle a tiny pinch of sea salt on top. Serve with a lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad and your favourite salad dressing.

Sourced from the web.Quesadillas are my favourite home-made fast food.

shop-a-holic, Nov 20, 7:35am
Fondue!

davidt4, Nov 20, 8:50am
My goodness, don't waste them in everyday dishes like quesadilla and fondue.Manchego (if it's good quality) is a superb table cheese, as is Taleggio.Pecorino if young is a good table cheese, if matured is a cooking cheese similar to Parmesan.

griffo4, Nov 20, 8:03pm
We tasted them all last night and thought they were very nice on their own with different flavours and thank you to everyone for taking the time to post ideas they all sound very nice but this time we will just eat it at night before dinner with a glass of wine, yum

juliewn, Nov 21, 12:57pm
Yum :-)

nzl99, Nov 21, 6:22pm
I was going to say just eat them too. haha Nice wine, a bit of bread, some tart firm fruit. yeah. even at 7.22am that sounds perfect.

rainrain1, Nov 21, 7:25pm
I thought you were talking about 3 lovely Italian tenors

davidt4, Nov 22, 3:05am
One Spaniard and two Italians.Yum.

rainrain1, Nov 22, 4:03am
That sounds even better !