I did a naughty thing today

samsnan, Nov 11, 7:17am
I purchased a medium Black Forest Cake from the expensive place called "Michalls"(sp) cost me $30. Normally I would never ever buy a cake and pay that but I could not decide whether to make a nice Chocolate cake or a Carrot cake for middle daughters 40th birthday party tomorrow so I thought seeing as I wouldnt make a black forest cake I would buy one. I must say it does look nicely done.

nzmu, Nov 11, 7:31am
I gave up baking years ago - The Cheesecake Shop is where I get birthday cakes from now, it's a special treat all 'round. Don't feel bad about buying a (yummy) black forest cake.

cookessentials, Nov 11, 7:31am
What's so naughty about that samsnan! Sometimes it's nice to just splash out. Let us know what it's like. Hope she has a lovely day.

kob, Nov 11, 7:10pm
and if you were to make one, if you paid yourself $15 and hour it would take you more than 2 hours to prepare the cake, cook it, wait for it to cool and then painstakingly ice it. SO def dont feel guilty about that I think well done you, if it takes a small amount of stress away from you and helps you to enjoy the birthday celabration why not

deus701, Nov 11, 8:29pm
Shame on you! Imo, Michel's pastries are pretty tasteless.just like cardboard.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 11, 10:06pm
totally agree with cooksessentials, enjoy the cake and enjoy your daughters birthday

uli, Nov 12, 4:49am
How was it!

kinna54, Nov 12, 5:35am
Don't feel guilty, although I have made plenty in my time, I have also gone with the professionals and ease on occassion, and been more than satisfied.
As long as all are happy, and enjoy itthat is the main thing.
Have a lovely time!

samsnan, Nov 13, 2:36am
Well the cake was lovely. Good flavour and the fresh cream they had piped on to it stayed in good shape. Everybody asked where I had got it from.After the bbq dinner we the adults 11 of us all jumped in cars and went out to Spookers. I am sure we were the oldestthere in our 60s along with our married children.in there 30s and 40s. And me the mum had just one drink so could drive one car and one daughter drove the other. A really fun night it was there with alot of laughing and screaming.

uli, Nov 13, 8:22am
samsnan - sounds all great!
And good to see the cake was great too!