Recommend your toaster!

gennie, Oct 24, 6:08am
I need a new toaster.Current one is about 5 years old and increasingly cooking much more on one side than the other and am getting fed up with it.Have you bought one recently!Would you rave about it!

maggiemay33, Oct 24, 7:00am
I notice alot of toasters are like that. They are more for making crumpets. Sunbeam maybe or breville.

lythande1, Oct 24, 6:18pm
I spent hours trawling the netlooking at user comments on this. They said Kambrook. So I went out and bought one from Briscoes, not especially cheap but not that expensive either. And oh yes! It cooked both sides properly!

seaturtle, Oct 24, 6:24pm
anything cool touch . The one I have is a breville. fits a wedge of home made/sliced bread in it and cooks well on both sides

lyl_guy, Oct 24, 7:50pm
My Kambrook one has lasted for YEARS, and still cooks really evenly. it's actually lasting TOO long, as it's white plastic, and I dearly want it to break down so I can buy a shiny new one, lol!
The only negative is, it isn't a 'wide slot' toaster, but I don't seem to need that anyway.

missmuppett, Oct 24, 8:57pm
I have a deLongi Icona red four slice one - it cooks perfect everytime!

player_smurf, Oct 24, 8:59pm
I love those red toasters!A friend of ours was visiting his mate (newly single) and couldn't work out why he had a shiny red motorbike helmet sitting on his bench! Turned out it was a toaster!

purplegoanna, Oct 24, 9:05pm
totally recommend the shefield range you can buy of tm.have the jug, toaster and whizz

missmuppett, Oct 24, 9:55pm
Yeah I have the matching Jug too. I love them!:)The jug doesn't pour that well, but it still looks good! LOL

chicco2, Oct 24, 10:56pm
Yea missmuppett. Me too. Love my delongi RED 4 slice Icona. Yumyum.

kinna54, Oct 25, 12:46am
well!: I had a lovely upmarket black and silver one: it is nowin the garage in storage, cos DH reckoned it only cooked the toast one side:we are currently using one that he bought the other week at Pak'n"save special $5 budget brand. Hmmm!I see no difference except the other one was prettier.
DH manages to cremate the toast with whatever brand.

nzhel, Oct 26, 3:23am
Kambrook is the one recommended by the Consumer a few years back. We got one and its been brilliant - cooks pretty evenly on both sides of the bread. I was lucky and got it for around $20 in KMart in Aust. Not sure what they are priced at in NZ.

rrrg, Oct 26, 3:29am
Dont get Breville - they dont cook evenly

gennie, Oct 26, 7:38am
Yeah, it's a Breville we have at the moment that is annoying me.

mistie-blue, Oct 27, 6:00am
I have a 2 slice TEFAL you can get 4 slice ones but there is only me.I have had it for 6 years now no problems

sarahb5, Oct 27, 11:12pm
Ours does - just got a new one a couple of months ago - love that it actually has a setting to do either 2 or 4 slices, and you can toast just one side as well for crumpets, bagels, etc.

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/kitchen-laundry-appliances/small-appliances/toasters/breville-ct45b-4-slice-toaster/prod27887.html

Got it on special at Mega Mitre 10 and got the matching jug a couple of weeks later on special at Briscoes!

wheelz, Oct 28, 5:56am
My brevile cooks both sides well. if yours doesn't, take it back for a replacement. One thing about briscoes, replacing is never a problem.

rrrg, Oct 28, 8:07pm
My Breville - 2nd one was fine for about 8 mths and then started to cook unevenly. Same with 1st one. Useless

ibcreative, Oct 28, 11:09pm
We have a Tefal 4 slice toaster. It's the best toaster we've ever had!