Sticky date pud

seniorbones, Oct 24, 2:49am
Has anyone made these individually in muffin tins or small containers, if they were done in individual containers would I sit them in a water bath or would the muffin tins be ok! also if you have a nice recipe please share, I did search but all that comes up is the annabel langbein one and I dont want that one!

gennie, Oct 24, 6:06am
I have made them in muffin tins before.Just cooked them for less time than the recipe said (easy to tell when cooked - just like a cake).All turned out good.Didn't use a water bath.

supercook, Oct 24, 6:23am
Yes I make them in muffin tins just adjust cooking time. They freeze well too for quick and easy dessert.

gjnalm, Oct 24, 7:22am
Try googling the Tupperware recipe, it's done in the microwave, meaning it's really moist.I've done individual ones & they are just as good.I used the flexible muffin cooking trays (Tupperware also).

lodgelocum, Oct 24, 8:27pm
Hi seniorbones, this is the one I use, from an Australian website.

250g pitted dates, chopped
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups boiling water
125g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 3/4 cups self raising flour

Place dates and baking soda in bowl, pour over boiling water, leave to stand for 20 minutes.Beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until pale and creamy, add eggs, one at a time.Fold through date mixture and flour.Bake 35-40 minutes 180c.

Caramel Sauce

1 cup brown sugar
300ml cream
60g butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Combine all ingredients in pot, bring to boil, simmer 2 minutes.

Enjoy

lodgelocum, Oct 27, 12:51am
* oops forgot the butter, 125grams.sorry.just making it and realised the mistake.

acr123, Oct 27, 5:42am
Hi Lodgelocum. How many eggs!

pamellie, Oct 27, 6:02am
This is mine, I have made it in the big muffin tins and it was fine, so I think normal sized ones would be good also. When I first made this my daugther said 'oh yuck dates', but it is now her most favourite and when I ask what she would like she will request this!

Sticky Date Pudding

1 Cup chopped pitted dates,
1 tsp baking soda,
1 Cup boiling water,
90g butter (room temp),
1/2 cup brown sugar,
2 eggs,
1 tsp vanilla,
1 1/2 cups SR Flour,

SAUCE:
1 cup brown sugar,
1 cup cream,
90g butter.

Preheat oven to 180oC.
Place dates, water & soda in bowl. Stand for 15 mins.
In another bowl beat butter & sugar until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Blend in vanilla.
Fold in flour alternatively with dates and liquid.
Pour into greased 2 ltr dish.
Cook 30 – 40 mins.

SAUCE:
Place sugar, cream & butter in a small saucepan.
Heat stirring, until boiling.
Reduce heat. Simmer for 5 mins.

245sam, Oct 27, 6:27am
2 eggs!

acr1234, have a look at:-
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7828/sticky+date+pudding

The recipe as posted by lodgelocum appears to be the same as the recipe on this link, except for the 'missing' eggs and the recipe on the link is cooked as one large pudding.

Hope that helps.:-))

seniorbones, Oct 27, 7:53am
This is the one I used and I got it from the taste mag too. I did as you all said just cooked in muffin tin and they are delish, I only have 1/2 a night but hubby has a whole one, dont think they will make the feezer he took them to work too just as a muffin, just had a thought I could ice with lemon icing for him!

lodgelocum, Oct 28, 1:44am
Had a bad time doing that recipe didn't I, but as someone else has said, 2 eggs.Made it last night and all my guests thoroughly enjoyed it, so must of added all the ingredients lol.