My first Mozarella attempt

Page 1 / 2
mazzy1, Aug 16, 6:22am
It's remarkable how cabin fever can manifest itself. I got the kit for Christmas, and it has taken 3 days of being snowed-in to galvanise me to do something new!

parsondian, Aug 16, 6:27am
Fantastic, I've got all I need to make mozzarella but I put it in the cupboard months ago and haven't had a go yet - so I think your a genius too, I've heard use of the thermometer is a crucial so considering you winged it, well done.ssshhh (I hope your bowel is not to uneasy as a result)

lindylambchops1, Aug 16, 7:33am
Good on you!Well done!Happy eating!

harrislucinda, Aug 16, 9:54am
ihavejustmadesomemyfirsttimewasahardball
secondwasnotassmoothas itshouldbebutwhen slicedonto acrackeranputin themicrowaveit meltedandwasyummm

mazzy1, Aug 16, 10:44am
So far - so good :)

mazzy1, Aug 16, 10:46am
Mine was a little crumbly, and not smooth and 'silky' as it should be. He - it's about having a go sometimes, don't you think! I'll get another thermometer and try again on the weekend.

davidt4, Aug 16, 9:48pm
It really makes cheese-making easier if you have a good thermometer.I bought a digital thermometer with a long probe and an alarm; it is easy to read, and the alarm means that I can go and do other things while the milk heats rather than standing around watching it.

shop-a-holic, Aug 16, 10:33pm
Congrats!

mazzy1, Aug 17, 3:34am
I just emailed Mad Millie and told them about my broken thermometer, and to their credit they are going to send me a new aluminium one as a replacement. That's great customer service! Thanks for all my congratulatory messages - I feel like a hero :)

davidt4, Aug 17, 5:18am
Mad Millie's customer service is fantastic.And isn't it a great feeling when you serve your own cheese to friends, or give some away - everyone loves it.

I added up the savings I am making from making my own feta, haloumi. creme fraiche and mascarpone over the past month and the kit is already paid for!

elliehen, Aug 17, 5:39am
I think there is a Mad Millie Kit currently on offer as a Fly Buys reward.

mazzy1, Aug 17, 6:02am
Really! Go for it. Such a feeling of achievement!

mazzy1, Aug 17, 6:22am
It's remarkable how cabin fever can manifest itself. I got the kit for Christmas, and it has taken 3 days of being snowed-in to galvanise me to do something new!

parsondian, Aug 17, 6:27am
Fantastic, I've got all I need to make mozzarella but I put it in the cupboard months ago and haven't had a go yet - so I think your a genius too, I've heard use of the thermometer is a crucial so considering you winged it, well done.ssshhh (I hope your bowel is not to uneasy as a result)

badams1, Aug 17, 7:00am
mad millies www address please someone.

davidt4, Aug 17, 9:07am
http://www.madmillie.com/

Contact Mad Millie regarding any enquiries or problems.They are very good at fixing their mistakes and are building a knowledge base very sincerely.They also have a Facebook page which is a focus for information sharing.

As I've written before, the basic kit is a foolproof way of getting into home cheese-making.The one day artisan kitset will enable you to make Feta, Cream Cheese, Light Cream Cheese, Halloumi, Whey Ricotta, Quark,Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella, Whole Milk Ricotta, Ricotta Salata and Mascarpone.

nfh1, Aug 17, 9:09am
I love Halloumi - it had never occurred to me that I could make it myself.

davidt4, Aug 17, 9:18am
Halloumi is quite easy in fact, not as demanding as most other cheeses.Since I've started making it I'm amazed that it's so expensive, and that so many NZ producers don't get it right.

nfh1, Aug 17, 9:30am
You are right, it is very expensive and some of it is not good at all.I am going to be brave and have a go.Thank you

deus701, Aug 17, 9:36am
where can i get free samples!

mazzy1, Aug 17, 10:46am
Mine was a little crumbly, and not smooth and 'silky' as it should be. He - it's about having a go sometimes, don't you think! I'll get another thermometer and try again on the weekend.

mazzy1, Aug 17, 11:26am
Yum - Halloumi. I also want to make camembert. And some of the hard cheeses. Oh, and I unearthed my smoker in the shed the other day. Ooooh baby - smoked cheddar! Cholesterol - pffft. lol

mazzy1, Aug 18, 3:34am
I just emailed Mad Millie and told them about my broken thermometer, and to their credit they are going to send me a new aluminium one as a replacement. That's great customer service! Thanks for all my congratulatory messages - I feel like a hero :)

davidt4, Aug 18, 5:18am
Mad Millie's customer service is fantastic.And isn't it a great feeling when you serve your own cheese to friends, or give some away - everyone loves it.

I added up the savings I am making from making my own feta, haloumi. creme fraiche and mascarpone over the past month and the kit is already paid for!

davidt4, Aug 18, 9:07am
http://www.madmillie.com/

Contact Mad Millie regarding any enquiries or problems.They are very good at fixing their mistakes and are building a knowledge base very sincerely.They also have a Facebook page which is a focus for information sharing.

As I've written before, the basic kit is a foolproof way of getting into home cheese-making.The one day artisan kitset will enable you to make Feta, Cream Cheese, Light Cream Cheese, Halloumi, Whey Ricotta, Quark,Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella, Whole Milk Ricotta, Ricotta Salata and Mascarpone.